Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: USA Chaparral, $1200

On 10/13/2020 at 5:28 AM, LostArt said:

Oh sorry....

i read all the conspiracy theorists 

then tried to compose an answer 

gotta love the hfc

Al. Tell me all about those Epicure Model 20s!

Jim

27 minutes ago, LostArt said:

I HATE the price police ... 

Since this is not FOR SALE  posting, but PSA,  I feel that we can discuss the price, I think I pointed that out earlier. The fact that you showed up in this topic, does not make it For Sale thread. Create new posting and I can assure you, no one will question your price whatever it might be. I'll even write GLWTS...pinky promise 

40 minutes ago, LostArt said:

generally people that rarely buy but are happy to pontificate about what your guitar is worth ... yet are the first to ask top dollar for their own stuff 

If it's about me, I'll just generously smile :), no need to get aggravated  

43 minutes ago, JustKid said:

Since this is not FOR SALE  posting, but PSA,  I feel that we can discuss the price, I think I pointed that out earlier. The fact that you showed up in this topic, does not make it For Sale thread. Create new posting and I can assure you, no one will question your price whatever it might be. I'll even write GLWTS...pinky promise 

If it's about me, I'll just generously smile :), no need to get aggravated  

No not about you 

I’ve been buying/selling for years

i just find the “process” fascinating 

I only showed up here because someone alerted me to the post 

bottom line to me is 

if you like the guitar buy it

it you don’t move one

On 10/20/2020 at 1:59 PM, JGale said:

Just finished reading this entire thread.

Please get the fuck off Al's back.

That is all.

The body of the guitar is an amazing piece of Hamer history. Brilliant item, great story. We'd all love to own it.

The rest of the 'assembly' looks off. Very off. Anyone else noticed how the 12th fret does not appear to be half-way along the scale? I thought it was a perspective thing at first, the photo being at an angle, but 5th to 12th looks pretty equal.  I'm just not sure? What d'you think?

There's questions to answer.  We do need to know how it came to be assembled and numbered, we do need to be reassured the neck is USA and not an import neck (check the truss-rod nut for size) because the dots do look import pattern. And does the neck work with the body?

We are interested in the history and the detail BECAUSE WE LOVE HAMERS. We're not getting on anyone's back.

25 minutes ago, LostArt said:

You are welcome to come over and inspect the guitar at any time 

I’ll need 24 hr notice 

Very funny… as in not funny in the slightest, as you can see I'm in the UK.

Okay, so you don't want to engage.

And neither do I any more… so this is my last post on these forums.

• 7 months later...

Archived