Hamer Fan Club Message Center

2020 Sucks!

specialk

We’re gettin’ old!! I asked a friend if he was going to his buddies funeral... he said “No, he’s not coming to mine” 
Being an elderly person myself I have noticed I go to more frequent funeral’s than I did 10-20 years ago!

I do wonder, 10, 15, 20 years from now, how much 2020 will be in the lexicon as representing, oh...

shit, hell, torture, foolishness, suffering, fubar, insanity, division, futility, change, endings, beginnings, blame.

I could go on, but you get it.

“Oh, that’s such fucking 2020!” as said by one of my grandkids in 2039.*

“It’s all 2020’d.”

“We’re looking at a real 2020 on this project.  Shit.”

* I do not have any grandchildren at the moment.  But given 6 young Toadrollers aged from 11 - 24, I will.

Yeah when your young with so many years ahead of you the idea of actually dying isn't not even a thought. And then one day you look back and realize how quickly time has passed you by and your now a old man.[ I'm  68] So many of my musical hero's and others are gone now, and many others are are in their late 70's and 80's Contrary to what the Rolling Stone's sing...............................time is NOT on your side. But then..................... there is Keith Richards. This year HAS sucked! BIG TIME!

Yes, it's quite the phenomenon when you see a group of people the same age start dying in their 60s, sometimes in the same year.
It almost defies explanation.

I propose that we do away with all calendars.  This way when a year like 2020 conspires to kill off people of advance age and declining health, it won't know what to do!

8 hours ago, killerteddybear said:

My old drummer thinks this photo represents 2020:

120840967_10159557927533475_574302922814

Nah, there's still toilet paper there, in spite of the distance in hobbling over to it.  If there was just an empty cardboard roll or no roll at all, then it'd be more comparable to 2020.

3 hours ago, kizanski said:

Yes, it's quite the phenomenon when you see a group of people the same age start dying in their 60s, sometimes in the same year.
It almost defies explanation.

I’m not sure how old you are but as someone who is in their 60’s the explanation is everything is fine and dandy until it isn’t. Very little middle ground. Something goes wrong now it involves doctors, testing, long term prescriptions, more testing and serious life changing habits. If you’re lucky. Otherwise it’s a ambulance ride to the ER with someone juicing up the paddles and someone else getting your IV ready asking who your next of kin is. 

8 minutes ago, princeofdarkness56 said:

I’m not sure how old you are...

I'm old enough to know that people in a given generation tend to die in larger numbers than the generations which came after it and that blaming the year in which these deaths happen to occur is akin to cavemen fearing the Sun or the Moon.

Archived