Hamer Fan Club Message Center

HFC meet and greet - Sentinel for a visit

gorch

So, my dear Swedish friend @Sentinel came over for a visit at our lovely home in the little village somewhere in the depths of the forests an hour south of Frankfurt.

@Sentinel is visiting Ludwigshafen, Germany, for premier performances of his new chamber orchestra composition. As I had worked on his organ symphoni two years ago, we first time met last year around the same time for performances of a five piece composition for string quintett. Well, we are going to join in and visit in the city of Worms next Sunday for the last of the four concert series.

2020-10-07_23-45-04.jpg

Last night @Sentinel came over for a visit and we had a long evening of wonderful and delicious dinner, prepared by wonderful Mrs. Gorch, wine from the Nahe region and lots of guitar talk and composing. Sentinal is an ever so friendly and kind guy that you can't miss out to meet when he is around. Before we forgot about, we managed to take a pic to provide evidence. Sentinel is holding my trans black Tally while I quickly took the Charlie Christian Bo Diddley from the stand.

HFC is the greates place on the interwebs.

Well, what can I say other than that Gorch is a very nice dude; someone that you immediately feel that you want to be friends with!

I borrowed a car and drove high up,  through the forest mountains of central Germany, to the nice house where he lives with the lovely and talented Mrs Gorch. They made me feel so "at home" there!

We connected (as you mention, Gorch) through some intensive  musical discussions on the HFC. After a long  time of collaboration via the 'net we met last year, IRL - when I visited his country. But then we got so caught up in intensive talking, as to forgetting to taking a selfie!

I'm happy we remembered it yesterday!

Gorch has got several nice Hamer's - which he let me test - but also some other special kinds of guitars, and amps and pedals etc! Most of them with stories connected.  😀

After saying "see ya" I drove back,the one hour drive, in the middle of the dark night, to the town of Ludwigshafen where I'm staying this week. 

Thanks, again,  Gorch!!  🎸

---

Btw, I'm having a great time here  in Germany, with my large composition being performed (at 4 classical concerts), by the excellent string orchestra "Quint:essenz"! Can you imagine the feeling of getting a big commission from another country?! 😀😎🥳

Love everything about this!

Looks like a great time, guys! 

Asking for a friend: If Sentinel speaks in Swedish and Gorch speaks in German, are the languages close enough to understand each other? Or is there a "neutral" language common to all there? Hopefully notAmerican English. That would be a bear to learn.

36 minutes ago, specialk said:

Looks like a great time, guys! 

Asking for a friend: If Sentinel speaks in Swedish and Gorch speaks in German, are the languages close enough to understand each other? Or is there a "neutral" language common to all there? Hopefully notAmerican English. That would be a bear to learn.

We actually go for British English with a royal timbre. B)

No, both languages are in a way different that we have to find a language in between. 

Actually, I grew up on the German coast line. Once I came to visit south eastern England and felt like being home since the local lower English was very similar to the lower German of my home. On Denmark holidays with a friend I could almost understand written text, although, speech was impossible due to pronunciation. Sweden is a bit further away and differs more.

Coastline countries of the north sea possibly could understand each other in their historic lower languages I think.

I guess I could chime in but hopefully not upset the OP with another meet and fish with member @JGravelin  

We where discussing a new set of pickup’s for my Daytona and somehow fishing came up! Turned out Josh was just a couple hours from my fishing shack so we set up a day and had an awesome time visiting and fishing!

Super Great guy! Seemed like we had known each other for years!! Bonus we got a limit of fish!!! That was such a great day we did it all over again about a week later!  We had another great day and limit of fish! I did not take any pictures tho...But I think we’re going to be going again next year!

18 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

Everyone knows Gerdish and Swerman.

The more you drink the better the Gerdishswermanish gets!

16 hours ago, Dutchman said:

We had another great day and limit of fish!

This thread now became a fishing thread. B)

I always look forward to “IRL” meet ups with HFC’ers - I had the great fortune of getting to hang out with Stonge (and the truly wonderful Mrs. Stonge) last weekend for some awesome catching up, tasty Greek food for lunch, and then my son and I got to check out way more guitars and got to make way more loud noises than should be allowed by law.   What a blast!  We managed to squeak out of there with some new strings, but as always, the hospitality was top notch.

Following that, we were able to catch up all too briefly with the team at Shishkov HQ and got to see some amazing things in the workshop.   Unfortunately, we had to rush out of town, but we’re already planning a re-do when things slow down around here.   

Far too much fun!

My son is definitely smitten by a 36 year old gem of a Cruisebass that he just couldn’t put down...

10A254B7-2799-4F23-BDB5-550AE4795AE5.jpeg

So, yesterday evening had been the last concert of the series. The one we planned to join in. We met in the afternoon for an early dinner and chose for a Syrian restaurant we had discovered. The music was a great selection of old and new with @Sentinel‘s piece standing out. The venue had been a small church that had a wonderful acoustic. The best of the four venues, Sentinel told us. So, we had chosen right. It is always nice to listen to another HFC fellow‘s music, that varies a lot over the boards.

Yes, thanks Gorch!

Here is a photo from that concert, given last Sunday. It was played in the "Magnuskirche" in the small town of Worms, in Germany.

The excellent orchestra does actually consist of 22 string players, although some are obscured here, by pillars, and boards for the "art-light-show".

So hopefully Gorch and Mrs Gorch took some photo - to show you - of me standing there, taking a bow at the end !

(I'm actually back in Sweden now, got home yesterday. I'm quite busy with finish composing my new piece of chamber music!)

Thanks for your interest! 😃

20201011_200212cr.jpg

15 minutes ago, Sentinel said:

Yes, thanks Gorch!

Here is a photo from that concert, given last Sunday. It was played in the "Magnuskirche" in the small town of Worms, in Germany.

The excellent orchestra does actually consist of 22 string players, although some are obscured here, by pillars, and boards for the "art-light-show".

So hopefully Gorch and Mrs Gorch took some photo - to show you - of me standing there, taking a bow at the end !

(I'm actually back in Sweden now, got home yesterday. I'm quite busy with finish composing my new piece of chamber music!)

Thanks for your interest! 😃

20201011_200212cr.jpg

Die Magnuskirche is a beautiful old church. I visited and passed through Worms many times when I lived in Zweibrücken. It's the oldest church I remember visiting next to the Trier Cathedral. Schön!

6 hours ago, Sentinel said:

Oh, have you found a download link from the concert? Nice! 😀

Is there any?

7 hours ago, Sentinel said:

Oh, have you found a download link from the concert? Nice! 😀

No, I wish I found it. I was referring to posts/links of yours, Sentinel, that let us listen to other compositions. 

Archived