Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Best of HFC Vol.1-2....on mp3?

ok I realize it has literally been twenty years...any chance anyone has these files handy on mp3, specifically the track I did (called "Dumpy Donkey")? It was my attempt at a shameless EVH ripoff, and his passing this week reminded me of it, and what do you know, I'm not sure if I remember it, and I can't find the files anywhere. Even if I somehow found the CD...I don't even have a CD player anymore lol.

16 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

@kizanski to the rescue!

Let’s do a new 2020 version and redeem this shitshow of a year!

Way ahead of ya! Already doing a Homage to Hamer compilation with DBraz and bennyboy-UK. Happy to merge it into a greater HFC-wide project.

2 hours ago, diablo175 said:

Way ahead of ya! Already doing a Homage to Hamer compilation with DBraz and bennyboy-UK. Happy to merge it into a greater HFC-wide project.

PM!d you on this @diablo175.

• 1 month later...

Back! By popular demand! (Ok - two people)...

The Best of the HFC Volumes I, II, & III !

You'll find the music rrrripped form my borrowed and copied double CD of Volumes I & II on the old, resurrected web pages for those song collections, recorded and assembled some time in 2001/2002.
You'll notice some familiar names, many still active HFC-ers some 20 years later.  Some are no longer with us, either by their choice, our choice, or Nature's.  

There are songs by @paults, @Jeff R, the late Nightwolf, and @robbie and @hikarateboy to name a few.

Some years later, c.2006, we assembled a "web only" compilation of HFC member songs. It was a massive 22 song album, featuring @pesocaster, @tobereeno, the late, great wyldbil, a mystery group known only as "The Trinidaddies " and even a submission by the artist formerly known as musecafechris.

Links:

Enjoy, folks!

If anyone is interested in joining in, feel free. Covers or original, let's do another version 2020-21 edition!

I've got one completed and another in the works (I'll choose just one).

1 hour ago, Jakeboy said:

@diablo175, put me down for one song. We will be done tracking by EOY,then on to missing and mastering so I should have a song to you NLT 1 March. If you need it earlier, please advise.

You got it! No worries on time- not mentioning any names but the other participants have yet to deliver anything yet  :P😆

On 10/9/2020 at 3:08 AM, tobereeno said:

ok I realize it has literally been twenty years...any chance anyone has these files handy on mp3, specifically the track I did (called "Dumpy Donkey")? It was my attempt at a shameless EVH ripoff, and his passing this week reminded me of it, and what do you know, I'm not sure if I remember it, and I can't find the files anywhere. Even if I somehow found the CD...I don't even have a CD player anymore lol.

Tob, I gave your track a good bit of attention because it was tapping (heh heh) the EVH vein. Nice job!!! What's the breakdown on gear in that one?

18 minutes ago, hikarateboy said:

If you guys do this definately give us the files and we will add a player for it to the site just like the ones kiz posted above.

There's no "if."  I'm in and done. :D  It sounds like Jakeboy and Dasein are in.

22 minutes ago, mathman said:

I put out an album a few years ago,  Does it need to be a recent or new song?

Not sure it really matters. My only stipulation (initially) was that it had to be done on a Hamer. But since I have no way of verifying that... it's anything goes, I guess.

I'm still calling this my Homage to Hamer project.

Archived