Hamer Fan Club Message Center

OK, so what's gonna happen to the prices of Eddie Van Halen signature/endorsement guitars (all mfrs.) and other associated items?

2 hours ago, tbonesullivan said:

This happens with virtually EVERY major music act when they die or something major happens. Just because you love Van Halen doesn't mean you listen to them all the time. But when they die, then you decide, "hey let me break out my cds and listen to non-stop Van Halen for a week". Then you realize "Crap, I still never got a copy of freakin Diver Down".  Or you find them on streaming because you can't find your CDs.

Yeah, I know that but I still think it's stupid.  I understand wanting to hear some of a recently deceased artist's music, but not rushing out to buy it if you didn't already have it.  Did them dying make you like it more?  Sirius dedicated a whole channel to VH music for a while and every classic rock station (and other formats too) was playing it in heavy rotation.

But I was really more tying it to the previous comment about the signature gear going up in price.  It's just temporary hysteria if you ask me.

23 minutes ago, Travis said:

This...

I own every Van Halen cd except for diver down. No clue why I never got that one...

I've been trying for 3 years! It's always back ordered when I remember to look for it. For most of my life I only had 1984 and Van Halen 1. They have the songs I like the most.

5 hours ago, tommy p said:

Agree.  VH album sales went up 7600% in the week after he died, and VH is all over the streaming charts.  If people liked VH music so much, why did they wait until he died to buy it or stream it?

6 minutes ago, tommy p said:

But I was really more tying it to the previous comment about the signature gear going up in price.  It's just temporary hysteria if you ask me.

Oh definitely, but if the market gets hot, prices go up. I have often considered buying an Axis by EBMM, as they are great guitars, aside from EVH's involvement. They still remain one of the most popular guitars they developed.

Archived