Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Who has got the broken headstock beater for sale? - never mind

Sold my last Hamer a Newport in 2018 to buy a M3 when I had a family medical emergency and had to use that $ plus sell most of my other stuff. 

Anyway, things are starting to turnaround and I actually feel like playing the guitar these days vs the past two years. I think the next thing I want to do is another Teh Br00tAlz band and want a Hamer for it, but finances are still a bit in what could be best described as a rebuilding year. However, when I was talking with her recently about it, LockbodyWife uttered the words “Then why don’t you see if someone has one for sale?”

Challenge accepted.

So, any one got something cheap, Hamer, with a humbucker and a talent bar of some sorts to get me back in the fold? Old breaks, cracks, doinks, bad refin or needs one, and so on? Got something that you wouldn’t normally ever sell because it’s not worth anything? It would be to me. About the only thing I don’t like in a Hamer is the early 80s 1 9/16” nut width.

Looking at asking prices on Reverb, I realize my “cheap” may not line up with reality these days, so here’s hoping. I also realize there are plenty of fantastic imports out there, especially geared towards harder-edge music, but I’ve just got the Hamer jones. 

Never mind, I found something. 

Thanks!

If you find something with a tuneomatic/stoptail, you can always slap a Les a Trem iI on it. Non-invasive, effective and easy. This will give you more Hamers to choose from.

On 10/17/2020 at 10:17 AM, Jakeboy said:

If you find something with a tuneomatic/stoptail, you can always slap a Les a Trem iI on it. Non-invasive, effective and easy. This will give you more Hamers to choose from.

I thought about it, and considering the only offer I've got was for one of two nineties Specials, one with humbuckers, maybe I should reconsider. 

On 10/17/2020 at 12:31 PM, Punkavenger said:

Dude, I would give you a  hamer usa beater guitar if I had one but ... just down to a couple of  keepers.  I'm sure someone will step up to the plate

Mucho love for the thought, but I do have a partsocaster and a SG Classic, either of which I could get a fat, nasty humbucker of some sort for. I was just thinking of some bad-ass back-in-the-day Hamers. I think most on this board are either like you and me and down to a couple, or collecting Shishkovs

11 minutes ago, Lockbody said:

I thought about it, and considering the only offer I've got was for one of two nineties Specials, one with humbuckers, maybe I should reconsider. 

Mucho love for the thought, but I do have a partsocaster and a SG Classic, either of which I could get a fat, nasty humbucker of some sort for. I was just thinking of some bad-ass back-in-the-day Hamers. I think most on this board are either like you and me and down to a couple, or collecting Shishkovs

Get one of those Specials and I’ll sell you my Les Trem iI at a good price. 

On 10/29/2020 at 6:49 PM, Brooks said:

whatup Lockbody

Brooks! Living the dream everyday. Do miss playing music with my friends, which is a welcome change from the last couple of years. 

Hope everything is well with you and yours! 

• Lockbody changed the title to Who has got the broken headstock beater for sale? - never mind

Archived