Hamer Fan Club Message Center

When you start to rebuild your pedalboard...

Paint the board in yellow. So it looks nicer when the pedals are on.

On 10/17/2020 at 9:34 AM, Montelovesco said:

CCA765DB-DCAC-47B0-AAA0-632A87452E16.jpeg

I remember jonesing for a Frost Bite Flanger while waiting for the second round of reissue ADA flangers to come out in 2009.  I waited... but then I fell in love with the Foxrox Paradox.  I still have the ADA on the shelf, though!

5 hours ago, HamerCustomEr said:

I remember jonesing for a Frost Bite Flanger while waiting for the second round of reissue ADA flangers to come out in 2009.  I waited... but then I fell in love with the Foxrox Paradox.  I still have the ADA on the shelf, though!

Actually, I barely used that pedal so far, but I like toy around with (beside that cool name, that is). But after eliminating the Keeley chorus I wonder if the Frostbite may cloud compensate that... And the Enhance knob is killer, of course.

9 minutes ago, Montelovesco said:

But after eliminating the Keeley chorus I wonder if the Frostbite may cloud compensate that... And the Enhance knob is killer, of course.

Sure. It's easy to make a flanger sound like a chorus, but not the other way around.

I'm doing that this week. I've really liked my Fractal AX8 but I only use one amp and cab model + two distortion stages, a tremolo, and a delay. It's like using a spaceship to to go the grocery store. So I got a DSM+Humboldt Simplifier and am hooking my pedals up. It'll be more suited for my minimal needs, and still go straight into the board.

45 minutes ago, Montelovesco said:

It was yours, wasn‘t it? Glad to have it. Even if its not „on duty“ right now...

Indeed it was...a good pedal. What brand is that Vixen germanium booster? Is it a basic treble booster?

19 minutes ago, polara said:

I'm doing that this week. I've really liked my Fractal AX8 but I only use one amp and cab model + two distortion stages, a tremolo, and a delay. It's LIKE A ROCKETSHIP  to to go the grocery store. So I got a DSM+Humboldt Simplifier and am hooking my pedals up. It'll be more suited for my minimal needs, and still go straight into the board.

FIFY

Maybe it’s time for a return to rack effects. Or reasonably priced modeling effects boxes with programmable buttons. I now have a small pedal board. Any larger and I won’t be able to reach the mic or avoid tripping while trying to reach the switch buttons.

This is up there at #1 for reasons "why I never made my guitar pedalboard". So many choices about how you can organize things.

I'm still amazed I managed to build a bass pedalboard.

I resisted for a long time because I’m stubborn and cheap. But playing some songs where a tremolo and wah are needed. Then got a chorus and found a place to put my Red Moon Tchula.  Next version I will add cable to the effects loop. Really like to hear   reverb trails through chorus.

20 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

Indeed it was...a good pedal. What brand is that Vixen germanium booster? Is it a basic treble booster?

That‘s a Sitek, a polish company. I bought it kind of blind via ebay, but to my taste it is a bit too fuzzy. I‘m thinking about letting it go anyway, so if anyone here is interested let me know.

In case anyone wants to dig deeper in strange, unknown and funny pedals you may want to check out www.guitarpedalx.com Here you find reviews of some pretty obscure brands, well worth a look...

Archived