Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer now owned by Washburn....

Wonder if they'll be a true custom shop like Hamer was? If so, I just might have to order another Cali ;) 

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Bennyboy-UK said:

I don’t know what to think 😕 

This.

Hmmmm...Ithought we were done forever.

I am fully in with Shishkov at this point for new production.

5 hours ago, Disturber said:

I bet in less than three months time you will have place a custom order for a Hamer Scarab with a Wonder Bar tremolo system.

You bet how much? 

8 hours ago, peedenmark7 said:

Looks like a monaco, a tally and whatever the F hole model is... I saw no flat top sunbursts , standards, birds, or virts ,  SO I have no real interest,

C'mon!  Yes, you do!  We all do!!

19 minutes ago, tomteriffic said:

At a second (closer) look, I think you're right.

Yeah, I missed the extra hole in that second guitar for the duo tone electronics when I looked the first time. I don’t see an f-hole in the guitar behind the tally, tho. So, maybe: Artist, Duotone, Talladega, Studio...?  Would make sense to have one of each of the models...

At last year’s GuitarSummit trade fair in Mannheim I spoke to the guy displaying the new Indonesian Hamers. He appeared to be a long time Hamer sales guy and said like Hamer would have been a dead brand for about 10 years. So, most people wouldn’t know them any more except for some older guys. He also mentioned that he would like to bring back a USA custom shop again if the numbers were right. Maybe he had achieved this. 

It would certainly be great if the brand would return to life. I bet the quality would be great and the guitars would play great too. Our own @Montelovesco is a Washburn fan. As I know him, he doesn’t buy crap. Question is, would we see the late period luxury or the 90s best buy for the bug without hameritis? Would they accept custom orders?

This is the new 2020 Hamer (made by Washburn) model apparently. They improved the Sunburst/Studio and made some tweaks.

kwxan4ytqogigczsap3g.jpg

Well..................................................l I had one of those already. Not a bad guitar and this one was made in Japan. Decent guitar and it played and sounded OK,I thought the wood was beautiful. But it was NOT of Hamer quality. I wish the new company the best I hope they can pull it off ,I'd love to see a Hamer "Sunburst". this one is a  1979 Washburn Falcon "WING"mZGnZGm.jpgeImo1b7.jpg

wOzBnZl.jpg

16 hours ago, Travis said:

I thought everything that wasn’t finished was destroyed.

I don't believe that for a second.  Never have.
Tooling, parts, plans... they always tend to "show up" mysteriously years later.

1 hour ago, kizanski said:

Tooling, parts, plans... they always tend to "show up" mysteriously years later.

I would give this a Super Like if I could!!!

I hope I didn't overstep my bounds, but I went to the Wasburn web site, Customer Support, and sent this message:

RE: Hamer USA.  We happened upon a report Washburn could be reviving the Hamer USA brand.  If that is the case (I am not asking for confirmation or denial), it would likely benefit that effort to get in contact with the Hamer Fan Club.  The HFC is a social media forum specializing in the Hamer USA brand and guitars and is comprised of owners, collectors, archivists and former employees including the guys who literally wrote "the book" (https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Hamer-Guitars-Illustrated-History/dp/0764343521).  Membership to the forum is free.  Your staff will find no greater concentration of enthusiastic Hamer USA fans than on the HFC. https://www.hamerfanclub.com/forums/ (signup link in the upper right corner).  I hope this helps.

IF this is happening, it would benefit everyone to get together.

1 hour ago, kizanski said:

Totally agree.  WIP or finished inventory is usually destroyed and machines are typically sold or transferred, but the "smalls"...?  I've always assumed that quite a bit of this stuff was quietly squirreled away.  Different industry, of course, but I saw it happen in a parts manufacturer for the auto industry that closed several years ago.  I knew some of the long-time employees who got laid off, and while the finished goods were scrapped and the big stuff and machinery got auctioned, those guys managed to smuggle more parts and hardware (literally a near-ton of stainless fasteners and sheet stock) out of there in six weeks than Andy Dufresne moved dirt from a hole in the wall of Shawshank prison in an entire year.  

Definitely some interesting news. Way better than Sam Ash buying out the brand name and turning it into a "house brand" like they have with tons of other names.

I wonder if the three piece necks will come back.

43 minutes ago, velorush said:

I hope I didn't overstep my bounds, but I went to the Wasburn web site, Customer Support, and sent this message:

IF this is happening, it would benefit everyone to get together.

They should definitely give us free samples of the new stuff to try out.  One guitar for each member. It's called "a focus group". 

2 minutes ago, Disturber said:

They should definitely give us free samples of the new stuff to try out.  One guitar for each member. It's called "a focus group". 

If they actually did this with a single guitar in a manner similar to way the HFC shared the Pirate Special #5, it would probably work quite well. 

Ideally there will be a dealer network where we can try out the new USA Hamers and purchase them.  Those with first crack are going to be those carrying the Asian line.  There is a good chance a local store in my area will have customers looking for those new USA guitars because the owner sold Hamer before, and he carries the Asian guitars now. 

35 minutes ago, Disturber said:

You mean, a field test.

Archived