Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer now owned by Washburn....

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like they’re prepping New Hartford-era models for winter NAMM. 

They could draw some attention if they reissued veneer-topped Specials, Vectors and Sunbursts. Those could possibly be priced well below the sub-$3k range. Oh, and maybe get them in the hands of players people under 40 have actually heard of?

On 10/22/2020 at 8:45 PM, Jakeboy said:

This.

Hmmmm...Ithought we were done forever.

I am fully in with Shishkov at this point for new production.

Yep.

For anybody who thinks any new Hamer USA will be less than $3k and worth a damn...good luck with that.

1 hour ago, cmatthes said:

For anybody who thinks any new Hamer USA will be less than $3k and worth a damn...good luck with that.

Fair enough. I just figured if Tropical Music can market Dean reissues...No matter, I can ill afford expensive guitars. 

4 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Have you played one?

15 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

Honest to goodness, I could care less if they "Bring back the Brand". I've moved on with help from Shishkov Guitars. 

Dammit! I hate it when I have to agree with Shawn.

There are a lot of incredible used Hamers out there that are cheap cheap cheap if you really need one. And for COs, Mike is the guy. His guitars are the logical extension of what Hamer was or should have become. My Shishkov is - without a doubt - the best guitar I have ever played.

On 10/22/2020 at 1:44 PM, peedenmark7 said:

I guess my source a while back was right, as here are some one off USA Hamers at the ILL factory...

hamer USA.png

These are production guitars from New Hartford that got stopped in mid process, and have been hanging around in limbo for a quite a few years.  They have the original tape and notes on the neck about things to fix after first level.  @Jackass didn't let anything get by him.  God, I miss working with that guy.  

On 10/22/2020 at 7:12 PM, diablo175 said:

Wonder if they'll be a true custom shop like Hamer was? If so, I just might have to order another Cali ;) 

I hear ya, that may be doable... but Hamer was not a true 'Custom' shop, IMO. At least not while Joel was there, and post-late 90's. Prior to that I cannot speak, but a 'true' custom shop will build whatever you ask for (IMO). For the last 10 or 12 years of Hamer's existence I was turned down for an Electraglide type build.

On 10/23/2020 at 5:14 PM, Drew816 said:

As a long time TGP member I resemble this remark! Though on TGP was spell it the "correct" way, Hammer. I mean, get a clue guys...  😉

I haven't seen this mentioned over there are all, pretty small Hamer collective there, along with experts on every subject under the sun of course.

I’m not sure what to make of your response.    You “resemble this remark”.   What does it resemble to you?

Just so we are clear, this is the Hamer Fan Club site.  We discuss Hamers not Hammers.  

You also said TGP has experts on every subject under the sun.  Can you please provide a reference to the expert on tree fungus.  

Thank you and have a nice evening.  

47 minutes ago, ptm1diver said:

I’m not sure what to make of your response.    You “resemble this remark”.   What does it resemble to you?

Just so we are clear, this is the Hamer Fan Club site.  We discuss Hamers not Hammers.  

You also said TGP has experts on every subject under the sun.  Can you please provide a reference to the expert on tree fungus.  

Personally, I read his post as being layered with a heavy dose of sarcasm and mostly in jest. Seemed like he was just having fun with it. Or, maybe the winking emoji threw me off...  😉

17 hours ago, diablo175 said:

That's my point.

MY point is that these are going to cost upwards of $3k.  That’s not going to last very long, because used Hamers will likely still be available for less...and a large percentage of Hamer buyers are cheapskates!

3 hours ago, Travis said:

Personally, I read his post as being layered with a heavy dose of sarcasm and mostly in jest. Seemed like he was just having fun with it. Or, maybe the winking emoji threw me off...  😉

I was just messing around and having some fun.  Poke the bear.  

10 hours ago, Northfield said:

These are production guitars from New Hartford that got stopped in mid process, and have been hanging around in limbo for a quite a few years.  They have the original tape and notes on the neck about things to fix after first level. 

Hmmm... Like I said...

7 hours ago, cmatthes said:

MY point is that these are going to cost upwards of $3k.  That’s not going to last very long, because used Hamers will likely still be available for less...and a large percentage of Hamer buyers are cheapskates!

Not trying to be argumentative, just genuinely curious-  what, if any, info do you have on this supposed upwards of 3K pricing?

8 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Hey! I resemble that remark!😠

10 hours ago, cmatthes said:

a large percentage of Hamer buyers are cheapskates!

1 hour ago, kizanski said:

BAMFs

Say, what?!?  C'mon, man. I'll give you tree-fiddy.

spacer.png

15 hours ago, diablo175 said:

Not trying to be argumentative, just genuinely curious-  what, if any, info do you have on this supposed upwards of 3K pricing?

Hamer wasn’t able to stay in business in the last decade when retail prices were reaching well into the $4-$5k range.  A quality, USA built production guitar is going to have to be above a certain price point, or the venture is worthless.  Trying to be a USA custom shop is EXPENSIVE.  They’re not going to make it work cranking out Californians that are more expensive than the secondary market.

9 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Hamer wasn’t able to stay in business in the last decade when retail prices were reaching well into the $4-$5k range.  A quality, USA built production guitar is going to have to be above a certain price point, or the venture is worthless.  Trying to be a USA custom shop is EXPENSIVE.  They’re not going to make it work cranking out Californians that are more expensive than the secondary market.

👍

On 10/24/2020 at 10:49 PM, ptm1diver said:

Correct; a "military-ism." Resemble that remark means - guilty as charged! Lots of know-it-alls on TGP, and then some real, bonafide true experts on there too (Thorn, Kirn, etc.). 

As for expert in Tree Fungus, well if you post on TGP there will be someone there that has a Ph.D in the subject. And then you'll have 10 guys posting why this guy is wrong shortly thereafter, AND I may be one of them; but using a cool Baby Yoda meme or something. 

My comments are all in fun!

Archived