Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Here's the video we just did for the new EP

polara

WOW!

ETE (Edited to elaborate): where to start?  It has to be a two-section explanation.  

1. the video is phenomenal.  It flows well with the song and is interesting throughout.  Are those stock clips or do you have some sort of effects-generating software or perhaps a blend of both?

2. the song is extraordinary.  Everything about it, the instrumentation, vocals, use of space (thank you! and BTW: no pun intended), production.  It's just much better than any contemporary pop I've heard on the radio in a really long time, mostly because it is allowed to breathe.  The production provides room for the ear to take in the performance rather than being continually pummeled .  It's just really great IMO.

Thanks for sharing.

4 hours ago, velorush said:

WOW!

ETE (Edited to elaborate): where to start?  It has to be a two-section explanation.  

1. the video is phenomenal.  It flows well with the song and is interesting throughout.  Are those stock clips or do you have some sort of effects-generating software or perhaps a blend of both?

2. the song is extraordinary.  Everything about it, the instrumentation, vocals, use of space (thank you! and BTW: no pun intended), production.  It's just much better than any contemporary pop I've heard on the radio in a really long time, mostly because it is allowed to breathe.  The production provides room for the ear to take in the performance rather than being continually pummeled .  It's just really great IMO.

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you! :) You picked up on what we were going for. The whole EP we wanted to do the least double-tracking, detuning, pitch correcting, and overall trickiness possible. Just tried to give the songs some room to breathe, and also go for an overall warm and immediate feel. Our second LP I did tons of "stuff" on but the last one I backed off, and this one I just wanted to give it some room.

It's just NASA public archives and some stock stuff except for the stuff in my neighborhood that I happened to have on my phone and seemed to work for the "abandoned Earth: black and white bits. I had a very clear idea of the story line of the song, so it was just a matter of finding the right images.

Great stuff, Rick. Love that snare sound. 

Song has a bit of a flaming lips feel which works really well with the imagery in the video, and captures the somewhat melancholy but wistful nature of these times. 

I really enjoyed it. 

Archived