Hamer Fan Club Message Center

New Guitar Coming (No Hamer Content)

shankyboy

Back in February I reached out to Bilt to see if they would be interested in building me a guitar that I had been dreaming of for a long time. I wanted a Strat style guitar with Wide Range Humbuckers. Turns out they were in the planning processes of adding a Strat style model to their lineup so it was perfect timing. The new model was announced today with mine being the first one. They decided to call it The Merc. The guitar ships out on Monday so I’ll be gigging it soon. More pics to come once it arrives. 

8ADFFDD3-7CA6-4F2C-B106-E947EB860A2E.jpeg

1 hour ago, shankyboy said:

Back in February I reached out to Bilt to see if they would be interested in building me a guitar that I had been dreaming of for a long time. I wanted a Strat style guitar with Wide Range Humbuckers. Turns out they were in the planning processes of adding a Strat style model to their lineup so it was perfect timing. The new model was announced today with mine being the first one. They decided to call it The Merc. The guitar ships out on Monday so I’ll be gigging it soon. More pics to come once it arrives. 

8ADFFDD3-7CA6-4F2C-B106-E947EB860A2E.jpeg

Ooh!  I like it!  Congrats. Full tone report when it comes in.  

2 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

Def a cool guitar!  Are those WR buckers the new Fender CuNiFe ones?

They are the Lollar Regals. Fender is not selling the new Cunife WR Humbuckers as parts yet. You can only get them if you buy the guitar they come in. I would love to get a set of those and I have tried thru a friend of mine that is a rep but no luck. 

14 hours ago, tbonesullivan said:

Oh heck! Are those what they are using in the new Tele Deluxes? They finally are making a REAL wide range humbucker again?

Yup. They certainly are!

22 minutes ago, RobB said:

That is really cool! What type of bridge is installed?

The bridge is from Gotoh.(510T, I think) We looked at several bridges including the Vega Trem, Babicz and the one from John Mann. The Vega and the Babicz were a little too non-traditional looking for me and the Mann Made was never in stock. We even called John to find out when he would have some and he said it would be several months because they were having problems with the company doing the plating. A friend of mine, who is an excellent Luthier, suggested the Gotoh. He said he has had great success with them and the quality is good. 

4 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

Yup. They certainly are!

NICE! I see them here on the 70's Telecaster Custom.  https://shop.fender.com/en-US/electric-guitars/telecaster/american-original-70s-telecaster-custom/0110182829.html

I would wager they'll put out an American Original telecaster deluxe in short order.

6 hours ago, shankyboy said:

Dang it! I wish I had known this before they started putting the guitar together. 

You made the right call.  The light at the end if the Fender CuNiFe tunnel isn't very bright when the best guess Sweetwater can make is "a few months."

image.png

15 hours ago, cynic said:

You made the right call.  The light at the end if the Fender CuNiFe tunnel isn't very bright when the best guess Sweetwater can make is "a few months."

image.png

Yeah, you're right. Probably be a long wait. 

9 hours ago, shankyboy said:

Yeah, you're right. Probably be a long wait. 

Yeah, not to mention every person who has wanted the real deal for so long is gonna jump on those. It would be like if Rickenbacker started making the Horseshoe bass pickups again.

Archived