Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: Hamer Daytona

23 minutes ago, benjammin308 said:

Someone got it.  What was the price?

$799.99.

I was looking hard at it, but the posting listed this (used) item as 'backordered', whatever that means in Guitar Center-speak. It looked to be a blond finish (not the clear white) with a rosewood fingerboard. It looked clean, though someone had changed the knobs and pickup covers from white to cream colored. And, the volume knob was labelled TONE. 

Great guitar - great get, congratulations!

I have its maple necked twin. 

Word of warning. . . . . you'll love it. 

And then suddenly you realize all of your favorite Strats have real competition.

Great case too, almost looks "ghost checkered" just like mine does?

A full review is customary you know.  😏

6 hours ago, topekatj said:

What's your consensus on the Daytona @P Franco? Like, dislike, heavy, light? 

This may not be very helpful but.... So, I’m really liking the finish (neck/body really comfortable). Still getting a feel for the pickups (i still haven’t pulled the pick guard off). The weight ????? I don’t have a good/precise scale but it does feel a little on the heavier side - which I don’t mind. I should probably get a good scale - any recommendations?

For what it’s worth, I picked up a T51 about a month ago from DGS and that one just jumped out and sang to me straight away. Bonded with it quickly!

56 minutes ago, P Franco said:

This may not be very helpful but.... So, I’m really liking the finish (neck/body really comfortable). Still getting a feel for the pickups (i still haven’t pulled the pick guard off). The weight ????? I don’t have a good/precise scale but it does feel a little on the heavier side - which I don’t mind. 

Thanks for the reply. Since it appears that the pickup covers and knobs were replaced I'd be curious if the pickups were changed from the original Duncans. Let us know what you find under the pickguard, the Duncans will have telltale stickers on the bottom.

As far as the weight goes, the weights of the Daytona's and T-52's varied greatly and it doesn't matter what the scale says, your body will tell you if it's too heavy (said the man who owns a 1980 LP Standard <ME>). I play sitting down so it doesn't matter as much, but many people prefer a lighter guitar.

Archived