Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Bad Cat Paw

velorush

Nice.  Those in-between sounds (slightly overdriven) really do sound like a traditional tube amp.  And those are the tones that modelers tend to render in a poor-to-mediocre manner. 

1 hour ago, Sugartune said:

These aren’t just rebadged BIAS Sparks?

Nah, I have the Spark. No line out, no IRs, no tubes. Don’t get me wrong, the Spark is fine, but this is a very different animal and they’re intended for different purposes (with some overlap). 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, has anyone purchased and actually received one of these from BadCat? I ordered one directly from them in early November. Since then, crickets. I have made multiple attempts to contact them for an update (e-mail, contact form and phone) with no response at all. I am fine being patient as long as I have some idea of what I should expect. The website didn't mention a backorder or delay and the silence from them is deafening. I guess it's time to escalate through Paypal, maybe that'll shake them loose.

1 hour ago, currypowder said:

So, has anyone purchased and actually received one of these from BadCat? I ordered one directly from them in early November. Since then, crickets. I have made multiple attempts to contact them for an update (e-mail, contact form and phone) with no response at all. I am fine being patient as long as I have some idea of what I should expect. The website didn't mention a backorder or delay and the silence from them is deafening. I guess it's time to escalate through Paypal, maybe that'll shake them loose.

What's the deal with these multi-function amps?  The Spark fiasco was unbelievable.  I got absolutely no indication in hours of video and written information the Cubs were anything other than in stock and ready to ship. 

Did they charge your card immediately?  I am convinced the Spark "rollout" was nothing more than a GoFundMe disguised as a product introduction.  I really had a much better perception of Bad Cat.  After the Spark business, my perception of Positive Grid is about as low as any other company I can think of.  I cannot imagine a scenario where I would buy anything else from PG.

1 hour ago, velorush said:

What's the deal with these multi-function amps?  The Spark fiasco was unbelievable.  I got absolutely no indication in hours of video and written information the Cubs were anything other than in stock and ready to ship. 

Did they charge your card immediately?  I am convinced the Spark "rollout" was nothing more than a GoFundMe disguised as a product introduction.  I really had a much better perception of Bad Cat.  After the Spark business, my perception of Positive Grid is about as low as any other company I can think of.  I cannot imagine a scenario where I would buy anything else from PG.

I paid through Paypal and, yes, was charged immediately. If they would just respond to my many attempts to contact them with a reasonable reply, I'd probably be OK. But apparently even that's too much to ask. I have now contacted them through Paypal and will give them a day or two, then I'll upgrade my complaint to a claim with Paypal to get my money back.

I really do not understand how companies, large and small, stay in business if they are not willing to provide simple communication. I think most people are reasonable with a little honesty. I have a guitar refinishing project (with a fairly well-known refinisher) that was supposed to take 6-8 weeks that is now approaching 2 years. The guy always responds to my e-mails with apologies and excuses, but not once has he reached out to me with any kind of commitment on a finish date. I hate to just ask for my guitar back because he does, what seems like, great work. But my patience is coming to an end.

Thread from the Paw post on the Bad Cat Instagram page:

•  

•  

The Paw is right at home in your living room or in the studio!

(Sorry about the wanky formatting pasted from IG).  There are a couple of email addresses in there that might prove helpful, "erik" and "andrew."  

Thanks Jeff. But screw those guys. I just became "that" customer and escalated my Paypal to a refund claim. And I'll complain to anyone who will listen. No one should have to fight so hard to receive a simple response and this Instagram thread only confirms what a shit show they have created. A simple response like "Hey man, sorry but we're running a little behind. We expect your amp to ship by X date". How f'in hard is that? It's not something I needed anyway, but it would have been fun to play around with.

OK, old man rant over!

Archived