Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Crunchee's post about seasonal music got me to thinking about more timely seasonal music, as in October/Halloween music! Aside from the usual slew of soundtracks to TV shows & horror movies and the schlocky Bobby Pickett/Dr Demento fare, here are some some surprisingly good musical haunts for your Halloween playlists :

The Floyd track was discovered one night when my high school bestie made me listen to this with earphones after a round of partaking of some decent local tree. Scared the piss outta me! Still love this tune!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DaveH said:

Quite possibly one of the worst films in that genre!  Gene Simmons and Ozzy Osbourne couldn't rescue that and, in fact, may have contributed to how bad it was. :P

Don't get me wrong, I liked Fastway but there's nothing on that soundtrack that inspires fear. Other than the prospect of having to sit through that film again. 🤣

2 minutes ago, diablo175 said:

Quite possibly one of the worst films in that genre!  Gene Simmons and Ozzy Osbourne couldn't rescue that and, in fact, may have contributed to how bad it was. :P

Don't get me wrong, I liked Fastway but there's nothing on that soundtrack that inspires fear. Other than the prospect of having to sit through that film again. 🤣

WTF, you mean that wasn't real???

• Haha 1

If I wanna get into the Halloween "spirit" (so to speak), I listen to some ominous and foreboding Psychobilly favorites to set the mood...like most anything from The Cramps:

Some selections of Reverend Horton Heat's music will do, too:

Of course, can't forget Link Wray, either:

• Like 2

Funkin up your Halloween!

They call me Drac
yeah how come baby
I ain't gone bite cha, i just want you to hang on

• Like 1

King Diamond is always a great one for spooky shit! Check the title track and "Tea"

Just now, velorush said:

A favorite:

tenor.gif?itemid=5912919

When Moving Pictures came out Witch Hunt was the one song they could not play live because of all the synth parts.  As technology advanced they were finally able to play it in front of an audience, so they did. 

Edited by Steve Haynie
  • Like 1

C'mon, lads. Maiden owns this category:

Edited by Biz Prof
  • Like 1

And how could I forget these guys? Hands down some the scariest good stuff I've come across in years. This song in particular is unnerving and haunting.

• Like 1