Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Halloween Tunes

diablo175

Crunchee's post about seasonal music got me to thinking about more timely seasonal music, as in October/Halloween music! Aside from the usual slew of soundtracks to TV shows & horror movies and the schlocky Bobby Pickett/Dr Demento fare, here are some some surprisingly good musical haunts for your Halloween playlists :

The Floyd track was discovered one night when my high school bestie made me listen to this with earphones after a round of partaking of some decent local tree. Scared the piss outta me! Still love this tune!

1 minute ago, DaveH said:

Quite possibly one of the worst films in that genre!  Gene Simmons and Ozzy Osbourne couldn't rescue that and, in fact, may have contributed to how bad it was. :P

Don't get me wrong, I liked Fastway but there's nothing on that soundtrack that inspires fear. Other than the prospect of having to sit through that film again. 🤣

2 minutes ago, diablo175 said:

Quite possibly one of the worst films in that genre!  Gene Simmons and Ozzy Osbourne couldn't rescue that and, in fact, may have contributed to how bad it was. :P

Don't get me wrong, I liked Fastway but there's nothing on that soundtrack that inspires fear. Other than the prospect of having to sit through that film again. 🤣

WTF, you mean that wasn't real???

If I wanna get into the Halloween "spirit" (so to speak), I listen to some ominous and foreboding Psychobilly favorites to set the mood...like most anything from The Cramps:

Some selections of Reverend Horton Heat's music will do, too:

Of course, can't forget Link Wray, either:

And how could I forget these guys? Hands down some the scariest good stuff I've come across in years. This song in particular is unnerving and haunting.

Archived