Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Wolf Hoffman of Accept selling some Hamers

As time goes by there are fewer and fewer guitars I would moronically pay for if the money was available.  Unfortunately, the bands that used those instruments are long gone, with just enough morons in the world that remember them like I do.  That desire to have those guitars since my teen years persists. 

Hey, better to ask and then accept less, than ask less when you could have accepted more.

At least it's Hoffman's own store on there and not someone saying their friend's cousin's brother's nephew once saw the guy pick it up off the stand then put it back down with a blurry photo.  

25 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

As time goes by there are fewer and fewer guitars I would moronically pay for if the money was available.  Unfortunately, the bands that used those instruments are long gone, with just enough morons in the world that remember them like I do.  That desire to have those guitars since my teen years persists. 

I wouldn't pay a premium for anyone's guitar unless I knew that there was a worthwhile payday down the road.
Outside of that, I couldn't care less.
Don't get me wrong - I geek out looking at my favorite guitarist's gear in the assorted Hard Rock Cafe's that I've visited and the R&RHoF, but I'm not buying those.

4 minutes ago, Carl.B said:

Until this thread I knew nothing about Wolf Hoffman and now I know more than I care too. 

I've known about and listened to the various iterations and splinter factions (Udo!) of Accept since I first caught them,  opening for Krokus, back in '86. 34 years later, they still strike me as a band that had difficulty finding their voice/niche in the market. Wolf's playing always struck me as somewhat restrained and even tasteful at times. His classically tinged passages kept me just interested enough though I truly wanted to hear him cut loose like some of his US and UK counterparts in the metal genre.

All said, there's no way in hell I'd fork out that kinda dough for his axes. Even if they featured every stinkin' spec I insist on. :P

Stating the obvious here, but the market dictates everything. If these guitars sit unsold, it'll be because 1.) the price is too high, 2.) no one gives a shit about Wolf Hoffman, 3.) both of the preceding.

On 10/28/2020 at 3:21 PM, MCChris said:

Stating the obvious here, but the market dictates everything. If these guitars sit unsold, it'll be because 1.) the price is too high, 2.) no one gives a shit about Wolf Hoffman, 3.) both of the preceding.

4) They're not Gibsons or Fenders, so most people don't think they're worth anything. 

Who? I also had no idea who this person was before this thread, and those are some seriously high prices on those guitars. They may be some "custom orders" but I see little about them that justifies the price, as the name sure doesn't.

On 10/28/2020 at 6:41 PM, topekatj said:

irklurgg85wcjtbhfsqu.jpg

You'd think for $5500 a little light dusting would be included. (Hamerdustus, anyone?)

That‘s artist‘s mojo. You can‘t just wipe it away. 

The only iteration of Accept I’ve been a fan of is their current one. I’m anxious for the new album, but I fear they may be stuck in a rut where everything is sounding the same. I listened to Blood of the Nations NON-STOP for nearly a year when it debuted. Each album since has been a step down from the prior. 

Anyway, I love Wolf, but the prices on these are absolutely insane. Was he ever a Hamer endorsee? Prior to his current deal with Framus, he was using custom Jackson Vs. 

On 10/28/2020 at 12:41 PM, topekatj said:

irklurgg85wcjtbhfsqu.jpg

You'd think for $5500 a little light dusting would be included. (Hamerdustus, anyone?)

The Hamer USA Archtop w Floyd has been SOLD.

https://reverb.com/item/36331447-hamer-archtop-usa-custom-w-floyd-rose-owned-by-wolf-hoffmann-of-accept?utm_source=rev-ios-app&utm_medium=ios-share&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=36331447

Archived