Hamer Fan Club Message Center

If you think you'd like a mix of Can, King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard, early Flaming Lips, and the MC5... (NHC)

polara

Total freaks, rocking like it's the end of the world, and the audience is so on fire... not a phone in sight, and it's interesting to see the Charlotte Gainsbourg lookalike in front being groped by her guy during the 10-minute psychedelic freakout in the middle. Definitely not for everyone but I love this stuff.

There is so much new rock out there, if you dig a little and go past the mass media...

Not entirely my cup of tea, but the energy was palpable and the guys have full command of their instruments. Interesting that both the bassist and guitarist wield white SG/EB shapes; you typically don't see such aesthetic coordination with that particular Gibson model. Btw, there were definitely a few phones being used in the audience, but to your point, the focus was overwhelmingly on the music. 

33 minutes ago, Biz Prof said:

Not entirely my cup of tea, but the energy was palpable and the guys have full command of their instruments. Interesting that both the bassist and guitarist wield white SG/EB shapes; you typically don't see such aesthetic coordination with that particular Gibson model. Btw, there were definitely a few phones being used in the audience, but to your point, the focus was overwhelmingly on the music. 

Yeah, definitely a specialized sound. Like how people either love or hate Scandinavian salty licorice. I think I got so caught up in the energy just seeing a video I never noticed the phones, and forgive them some... well. Excess :D

5 hours ago, Biz Prof said:

Not entirely my cup of tea, but the energy was palpable and the guys have full command of their instruments....  but to your point, the focus was overwhelmingly on the music. 

Agreed.  Definitely not exactly my cup of tea but glad to see folks rocking and enjoying the rocking. 

I think the part where he stops to dick with the pedal around 7:45 really hits me in the feels.  It's so antithetical to what's happening in the music - this wild abandon - and that dichotomy irks me.  (Not their fault, mind you, it's just an occupational hazard of weaving spells with effects pedals when you want to be tranced out in the jam).

Edit:  Also the third camp - folks who have never tried Scandinavian salty licorice.  :D 

The band I played in, we loved to do stuff like this.  We were never that tight or talented, although the guitarist was good and our drummer was good.  But it was just so much fun at the time.   I was an avid recorder at this time in the early 80's working my way through high quality cassette decks up to 8 track reel to reel decks.  We were more goofy rather than technical but still great fun.  

Plan to check out more of these guys.

Not my thing...but I totally got into it.  That was different and fun. The dude with the chick up front was working hard....,lol

Archived