Hamer Fan Club Message Center

2020 Kauer Banshee - SOLD

2020 Kauer Banshee in “Rallye Green”, based on the basic Firebird shape.

Hand-built in California, they Plek each guitar so the frets and nut are as close to perfect as they can be.

You don’t see these come up for sale very often. This is not the “Express” version with the satin finish and plain back.

Guitar is in “excellent” condition, no marks on it, has never left my house. I need to move this so I can put the funds towards a vintage piece I am looking at.

-SOLD- Will ship in the original box it came in.

From the Kauer website:

Completely redesigned for 2015, the Banshee is our road improved version of that winged classic we all grew up listening to. Redesigned from the ground up, we focused years of attention, brainstorming and listening to our touring artists about how to improve the Banshee. By redesigning the shape, we could add mass and open up access at the same time that further improves the balance. We spaced the controls out to be more user friendly, and made roughly a dozen other changes that cumulate in the best Banshee ever.

Built from solid Spanish Mahogany to create a light, well balanced tone monster for those looking to make it through the Winter. With a scarfed head joint to improve strength, featuring Wolfetone Kauer’bucker pickups, Emerson Custom electronics.

Specs (for this specific guitar):

• Top: Spanish Mahogany
    • Back: Spanish Mahogany (neck-thru)
    • Neck: Spanish Mahogany
    • Neck Profile: Standard C
    • 1st Fret = .88” - 12th Fret = 1.00”
    • Width at Nut: 1.71”
    • Fretboard: Wenge
    • Binding: White
    • Scale: 24.75"
    • Frets: 22
    • Radius: 12"
    • Fret-wire: Jescar 47095NS
    • Inlays: Keystone
    • Bridge: TonePros Tune-O-Matic
    • Tailpiece: TonePros Stop Tail
    • Tuners: Kluson Banjo
    • Control Layout: 2 Volume / 2 Tone (Emerson Custom)
    • Pickups: Wolfetone Kauer'buckers (7.43k/8.55k)
    • Weight: 6 lbs, 9.5 oz.
    • Case: Mono M80 Vertigo 
  • Wolfetone Kauer’Buckers: For those familiar with the Wolfetone lineup, the Kauerbucker bridge pickup is wound slightly hotter than the Legend and the neck pickup is slightly under-wound to keep the mid’s nice and open in the mahogany body. They utilize fully-charged Alnico II magnets for a tone that is vintage at heart but just the right amount of hot (especially on the bridge pickup).

Banshee_Cropped copy.jpg

Body Front Close copy.jpg

Headstock rear copy.jpg

Rear Full copy.jpg

3 minutes ago, robberns said:

Hand-built in California, they Plek each guitar so the frets and nut are as close to perfect as they can be.

You don’t see these come up for sale very often. This is not the “Express” version with the satin finish and plain back.

Guitar is in “excellent” condition, no marks on it, has never left my house. I need to move this so I can put the funds towards a vintage piece I am looking at.

$2650 shipped in the CONUS. Will ship in the original box it came in.

From the Kauer website:

Completely redesigned for 2015, the Banshee is our road improved version of that winged classic we all grew up listening to. Redesigned from the ground up, we focused years of attention, brainstorming and listening to our touring artists about how to improve the Banshee. By redesigning the shape, we could add mass and open up access at the same time that further improves the balance. We spaced the controls out to be more user friendly, and made roughly a dozen other changes that cumulate in the best Banshee ever.

Built from solid Spanish Mahogany to create a light, well balanced tone monster for those looking to make it through the Winter. With a scarfed head joint to improve strength, featuring Wolfetone Kauer’bucker pickups, Emerson Custom electronics.

• Top: Spanish Mahogany
    • Back: Spanish Mahogany (neck-thru)
    • Neck: Spanish Mahogany
    • Neck Profile: Standard C
    • 1st Fret = .88” - 12th Fret = 1.00”
    • Width at Nut: 1.71”
    • Fretboard: Wenge
    • Binding: White
    • Scale: 24.75"
    • Frets: 22
    • Radius: 12"
    • Fret-wire: Jescar 47095NS
    • Inlays: Keystone
    • Bridge: TonePros Tune-O-Matic
    • Tailpiece: TonePros Stop Tail
    • Tuners: Kluson Banjo
    • Control Layout: 2 Volume / 2 Tone (Emerson Custom)
    • Pickups: Wolfetone Kauer'buckers (7.43k/8.55k)
    • Weight: 6 lbs, 9.5 oz.
    • Case: Mono M80 Vertigo 
  • Wolfetone Kauer’Buckers: For those familiar with the Wolfetone lineup, the Kauerbucker bridge pickup is wound slightly hotter than the Legend and the neck pickup is slightly under-wound to keep the mid’s nice and open in the mahogany body. They utilize fully-charged Alnico II magnets for a tone that is vintage at heart but just the right amount of hot (especially on the bridge pickup).

White font is probably not a good idea.

Holy Scott Holiday, Batman! You did not just do that! All I got was pictures, but those pictures! Could just be my phone. Is there a price?

ETA: good catch, Kiz. That’s an amazing machine! 

Sorry, when I created the post it looked like the black font was on a black background. Is it readable now?

I see what happened. I had the forum set to a dark theme and the text was just about unreadable. Looks fine to me now, hope you can read it.

2 hours ago, robberns said:

Sorry, when I created the post it looked like the black font was on a black background. Is it readable now?

I see what happened. I had the forum set to a dark theme and the text was just about unreadable. Looks fine to me now, hope you can read it.

Perfect now (for those of us using the standard Theme).

Amazing guitar.  I feel about green guitars the way most feel about blue guitars (and likewise, about blue guitars the way some feel about green guitars).  And ('69 Camaro) rallye green?  Fabulous! 

Neck spec., pickups, color and under 7 lbs.; I don't think that guitar would be any different if I'd custom ordered it myself.

I have two Kauer's and they are awesome guitars.  Both are made of Spanish Cedar.  That's "Fakimba" to you Robin fans.  Great light-weight mahogany is the best description.  And Doug's a great guy.  Really good price on this one.  Those are a bunch of dough new.

If I were robberns I would have added this text with those nice photos:

=========================================================================================================================

$2650 shipped in the CONUS. Will ship in the original box it came in.

From the Kauer website:

Built from solid Spanish Mahogany to create a light, well balanced tone monster for those looking to make it through the Winter. With a scarfed head joint to improve strength, featuring Wolfetone Kauer’bucker pickups, Emerson Custom electronics.

Top: Spanish Mahogany
Back: Spanish Mahogany (neck-thru)
Neck: Spanish Mahogany
Neck Profile: Standard C
1st Fret = .88” - 12th Fret = 1.00”
Width at Nut: 1.71”
Fretboard: Wenge
Binding: White
Scale: 24.75"
Frets: 22
Radius: 12"
Fret-wire: Jescar 47095NS
Inlays: Keystone
Bridge: TonePros Tune-O-Matic
Tailpiece: TonePros Stop Tail
Tuners: Kluson Banjo
Control Layout: 2 Volume / 2 Tone (Emerson Custom)
Pickups: Wolfetone Kauer'buckers (7.43k/8.55k)
Weight: 6 lbs, 9.5 oz.
Case: Mono M80 Vertigo 
Wolfetone Kauer’Buckers: For those familiar with the Wolfetone lineup, the Kauerbucker bridge pickup is wound slightly hotter than the Legend and the neck pickup is slightly under-wound to keep the mid’s nice and open in the mahogany body. They utilize fully-charged Alnico II magnets for a tone that is vintage at heart but just the right amount of hot (especially on the bridge piclup).

===========================================================================================================================

• robberns changed the title to 2020 Kauer Banshee - SOLD

Archived