Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Early(?) Standard Bass (Reverb)

1 minute ago, chromium said:

Holy Floyd Rose string retainer, Batman!

Is that a Blitz?  Looks like one w/added control - but then again, my '90 Standard bass has beveled back edge like that.

Based on the headstock shape I think it’s earlier than a Blitz but I could be wrong. How does it compare to the headstock on your STD? 

There are no photos of the S/N. Fo’sho’ I ain’t biting at the asking price but wish it could be restored somehow. 

9 minutes ago, topekatj said:

Based on the headstock shape I think it’s earlier than a Blitz but I could be wrong. How does it compare to the headstock on your STD? 

There are no photos of the S/N. Fo’sho’ I ain’t biting at the asking price but wish it could be restored somehow. 

Early Blitz head was a bit like the old Standards.

This is my '90 on top (FB-style head), and an '81 on the bottom:

AoXPSCo.jpg

1 hour ago, chromium said:

AoXPSCo.jpg

You’ve got some nice stuff! The Reverb bass headstock resembles the ‘81, though the decal placement is a big different. How heavy are those beasts of yours?

ETA: Would like to see the entire instruments. 

13 hours ago, topekatj said:

How heavy are those beasts of yours?

ETA: Would like to see the entire instruments. 

Haven't weighed them, but I'd say in the mid-8 to low 9 lb range.

The black '90 has quite a bit different build - slim/fast maple neck, beveled back edge, different neck heel/join, and solid mahogany body (no cap under the paint).

'81 has a great chunky 'hog neck, and this build used an old Gibson 3-point bridge.  Having played a bunch of Gibsons back in the day (Thunderbirds, Triumph, EBs) I kinda like that. Funky bridge to setup, but work great when dialed in.

09z3ng7.jpg

9 minutes ago, chromium said:

Haven't weighed them, but I'd say in the mid-8 to low 9 lb range.

The black '90 has quite a bit different build - slim/fast maple neck, beveled back edge, different neck heel/join, and solid mahogany body (no cap under the paint).

'81 has a great chunky 'hog neck, and this build used an old Gibson 3-point bridge.  Having played a bunch of Gibsons back in the day (Thunderbirds, Triumph, EBs) I kinda like that. Funky bridge to setup, but work great when dialed in.

09z3ng7.jpg

Both basses are gorgeous, you’re a lucky man 

Archived