Hamer Fan Club Message Center

SOLD 2nd Gen 2tek Cruise Bass (Model BCRTA – “Cruise Custom”)

1996 2nd Gen 2tek Cruise Bass (Model BCRTA – “Cruise Custom”) for sale. Great sounding and playing bass $550 Shipped/Insured. BC-1 OHSC included. Paypal OK

Neck is straight with no issues. Frets have noticeable wear, but are in no need of a re-fret, maybe a simple polishing/dressing.  Electronics are in great shape and functioning as designed… the EMG pickups/electronics give this bass a more pronounced low to low-mid presence, basically fatting up the sound, while slightly taming the high-mids commonly associated with the passive SD’s… pickups/electronics provide much more definition, thump and low-mid punch in concert with the 2tek bridge. 

Bass has no playability issues, but has a good amount of light to moderate scratches throughout, with a lot of small dents around the edges on the front of the bass; two on bottom edge of bass are pretty noticeable, but nothing through to the wood. The back has some more light/moderate scratches and some light buckle rash, and the headstock has its share of dings and small dents, as well as wear around the edges. Pitting observed on front/back of bridge. Case is pretty scratched up, but fully functional.

Give me a yell if you need additional pictures and/or have any questions about the bass. Now located in Chicago area; give me a yell if you want to check out the bass in person; local purchase/drop-off drops the price by $50.

Mike

s-l1600a.jpg

s-l1600b.jpg

s-l1600c.jpg

s-l1600d.jpg

s-l1600e.jpg

s-l1600g.jpg

s-l1600h.jpg

Steal! 

For reference, check out prices on a 1996 Fender American Standard Jazz Bass (around 50% higher than this listing). 

Reviews from around the time reflect this as the superior instrument.

• geobluto changed the title to SOLD 2nd Gen 2tek Cruise Bass (Model BCRTA – “Cruise Custom”)

Thanks for saving my bacon there, Jeff!

Congrats!!

2 hours ago, pablo said:

I still having the alienpimp my friend( now restored), thank you so much again

Pablo!!!! How are you my friend... super happy your sweet (!!!!) blue 2nd gen 2tek/and ALIEN PIMP are doing well!! 

BTW: Is it safe to get a tattoo from your cousins shop in Miami... hopefully he forgot about the packing material exploding all over his shop...lol

Be well my friend!!!

Mike

7 hours ago, geoff_hartwell said:

This is a screaming deal! Someone’s gonna be psyched! GLWS

Hey Geoff... how goes it buddy!! Next time I'm in NY/upper Westchester I have to stop by... have a PJ modded 2nd gen 2tek cb with a kellings sound hand made passive module in it... you have to try it... hope all is well and hope my old 5er is treating you just as well!!! 

Mike

4 hours ago, geobluto said:

Hey Geoff... how goes it buddy!! Next time I'm in NY/upper Westchester I have to stop by... have a PJ modded 2nd gen 2tek cb with a kellings sound hand made passive module in it... you have to try it... hope all is well and hope my old 5er is treating you just as well!!! 

Mike

Hey Mike!

All is well, come hang at the bigger badder studio when you can, the 5er is in good shape and good hands, and my door is open to you any time! Let’s go get a burger or a beer or both soon.

Geoff

Respect To the OP, you’re awesome for selling it here. To the Buyer, you’re awesome for keeping it in the family.

Love to see great deals too! 🤘

I gotta say Mike is an incredible person to deal with!!! Super fast shipping and packaged to take on the burliest of delivery drivers!!! I know we don’t give seller ratings here but I’m going to give 10 out of 5 Stars plus. 
Thank You Mike!!

9 minutes ago, Dutchman said:

I gotta say Mike is an incredible person to deal with!!! Super fast shipping and packaged to take on the burliest of delivery drivers!!! I know we don’t give seller ratings here but I’m going to give 10 out of 5 Stars plus. 
Thank You Mike!!

Thanks Jeff!!!! Enjoy your new bass... take care of the old girl and she will take care of you!!!

Thank you again!!!!!

Archived