Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Dave Barber is Back in Business

Dutchman

SWEET! Hopefully he's found a supplier who won't screw shit up. It sounds like he learned from his effort to make more pedals faster, and that nothing really can replace good suppliers who listen to you, even if they are a bit more expensive and slower.

39 minutes ago, Jakeboy said:

I def want a DD....

I know you're a zendrive fan, Mark- if you haven't checked out barber's Burn Unit and/or Small Fry they're worth a listen as well. The last iteration of it that I tried was the BUSS, gave up the goods too but the unit I had was a bit noisier than early burn units. 

Oh man! Great news!! 

I have a Barber Tone Press EQ, one of the old school "big box" pedals. I really love it! It's super clear, but still got some balls. 

Hmm, maybe I'll have to pick up another Barber. Don't really need more dirt, but hey, you can never have enough! ha

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

So how are the DD and Burn Unit different?

I’ve had both, I still use a DD.

My thought’s are the Burn Unit has less drive than the DD, but you can flip a switch on the DD and get very close to what the Burn unit does. The DD set up right has a very nice thick drive with some creamy harmonics that allow pinch harmonics to just fly off the neck. 
I sold the Burn Unit and kept the DD (Green) because it did both very nicely!

Hope that helps!

Archived