Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NKD II Korina kit arrived

DaveL

Hi,  so if you've been following UaD's thread on his korina explorer... I was inspired to give this a shot.   

I ordered the korina V,  58 style,    ABR-1 posts,   ebony board,  ebony overlay on headstock...  and

it arrived this afternoon...    impressions, looks pretty good,  the 2 pcs of korina look relatively clean,

didn't love the grain on the upper wing,  but all in all  looks good,  fretwork and the ebody fretboard

look nice.      the warmoth string plates don't fit and aren't even close... not sure why the folks on

the precision facebook page said this was an option.  well,  I assumed they would fit instead of actually

measuring...  oh well.   at least I can use them as some sort Dwight Schrute ish throwing weapon.  

I have a few things ahead of this... however,  I'm still thinking about what I want to do...  one thought

had been to nitro relic it...  although I may go light blue sparkle... 

Ok, I should be getting dinner...       Pics,  enjoy...

i-5kKkB7C-L.jpg

i-B79mfTB-L.jpg

i-pnRcmcg-L.jpg

i-5v64bJC-L.jpg

15 minutes ago, DaveL said:

the warmoth string plates don't fit and aren't even close... not sure why the folks on

the precision facebook page said this was an option.  well,  I assumed they would fit instead of actually

measuring...  oh well.   

i-5kKkB7C-L.jpg

Looks great, Dave! Maybe you could use those top-mount grommets that are rounded, with the slot? 

This looks really cool!  Sounds like a great project that's priced like a Strat or Tele parts guitr.

Archived