Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Pics of new guitar (NHC)

shankyboy

My new guitar from Bilt arrived last week. Fantastic job on the Blue Sparkle finish! I gigged it last Wednesday. Plays great. Took me a while to dial in the sound. The combination of the Wide Range Humbuckers with a solid Alder body makes for a very pronounced mid-range. Overall, I am quite pleased. Waddya think?

Pic 1 Resized.JPG

Pic 2 Resized.JPG

Pic 3 Resized.JPG

Pic 4 Resized.JPG

Pic 5 Resized.JPG

Pic 6 Resized.JPG

3 hours ago, Biz Prof said:

Love the body style and blue flake.  Definitely not your average Strat-shaped guitar.

This is a new model for Bilt. They wanted to do a Strat shape but keep it offset since that is what they are known for. 

52 minutes ago, MCChris said:

I also inexplicably like the Bilt headstock.

It took awhile for me to realize that the combination of the body shape and headstock reminds me of the Ibanez Roadstar. 

5 hours ago, DaveH said:

Headstock looks like a Fender Starcaster to me... 25.5"? Nice guitar! Congrats!

image.pngETA: Pic.

That is definitely what the headstock is modeled after. Bilt actually makes a version of the Starcaster called the Volare. The actually offer it with the original string thru body bridge. 

1 hour ago, tbonesullivan said:

NICE!!!!  That is one hell of a sparkle finish. What does Bilt call it?   Reading the options on their website is kinda mind boggling.

It is called The Merc. It's on the main page.

20 hours ago, shankyboy said:

It is called The Merc. It's on the main page.

Ohhhh. I mean the color, but that's ok.

Also, I am guessing they snapped some photos before it shipped? As it looks identical to the one they have on the Merc Page:

https://biltguitars.com/product/merc/

51 minutes ago, tbonesullivan said:

Ohhhh. I mean the color, but that's ok.

Also, I am guessing they snapped some photos before it shipped? As it looks identical to the one they have on the Merc Page:

https://biltguitars.com/product/merc/

Mine is that one on the Merc page. The color is called Blue Sparkle but I don't think that they have a fixed recipe for the color because I have seen a couple of others in Blue Sparkle that look slightly different. You can't really see it in the pics but, in the light, there is a hint of Aqua whereas some of the others are a darker Blue. 

3 hours ago, shankyboy said:

Dana, one of these days we gotta get together. I'd love to see all those Hamers in your collection. 

Yes we should. You've got some pretty cool guitars yourself!

Archived