Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Vai - Candle Power

Brooks

While I have grown less enthralled with his music in general (I have to be in the mood and even then, I can only take about 20- 30 minutes worth of it) I will never stop being in awe of what he can do with a guitar- whammy bar or not, the dude can do some truly amazing things. This song is ample proof.

3 hours ago, diablo175 said:

...I have grown less enthralled with his music in general (I have to be in the mood and even then, I can only take about 20- 30 minutes worth of it)...

Totally agree, that's why this tune struck me, it's not his usual thing (which is great, but not usually my thing). Plus his clean straty tone here is beautiful.

1 hour ago, Brooks said:

Plus his clean straty tone here is beautiful.

Agree! I actually heard this a while back and was quite taken with it! Really stepping outside of his usual fare. Crikey, what he does with just a basic Strat-esque set up... some of those chords and the crazy atonal bends... some of it was quite beautiful!

Wow! Before I started playing guitar, I thought he was the greatest, but I turned away from that genre of music as I started digging into the Blues. Too much math and not enough soulful expression. I have to admit that I really enjoyed this video. Very tastefully played. Thanks for sharing. 

Archived