Hamer Fan Club Message Center

IF YOU COULD ONLY BUY ONE OR KEEP ONE HAMER.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, hamerhead said:

I always loved the look of those, to the point of nearly ordering my Shishkov DC with the Ultimate headstock.

Except MIke won’t do that.  Trust me...I asked!  

If I had to keep one Hamer, it might be this one:

72591FE7-DB4B-479F-91C2-F5B0B14681F1.jpeg

8 hours ago, The Shark said:

Killer guitar.  Scale bothers me on those...

8 hours ago, The Shark said:

Sell me that.  Please...

Same scale.  Sorry.  Wouldn't want it to bother you. 

52 minutes ago, The Shark said:

Stop tailpiece makes it palatable.  Just enough increased tension.

So then you no longer enjoy that Korina Baker that you refuse to send back to me.  

8 hours ago, kizanski said:

So then you no longer enjoy that Korina Baker that you refuse to send back to me.  

I told you I'd send it to you to play for a few months any time.  I told you I wouldn't sell it back to you...until I'm dead.  Then, the wife will contact you.  

Sell me that Standard.  Please...

13 hours ago, The Shark said:

I told you I wouldn't sell it back to you...until I'm dead.  Then, the wife will contact you.  

Sell me that Standard.  Please...

Now you're going to SELL me the Baker after you die?  You had told me that you willed it to me. 
Ok, I'll sell the Standard to you...when you're dead.

To the original OP,  I gladly forfeit this game, can't do it. 

Call me quitter, loser,  whatever so long as everyone sends me their USA Hamer models, to "win" this thread.  

Hamerica

I've gotta go back to my Number One, My Beloved Blackie, the 1981 Special that I bought new in October, 1984 (it sat in the shop for three years waiting for me). It's the neck profile by which all others are judged (I sent the measurements to Mike when he was working on 0063 and 0092). I've cycled through several bridge pickups over the years; currently it's a DiMarzio 36th Anniversary. However, I recently came across the original pickup in a dusty old box and I'm considering putting it back in. The drummer in the band once asked me, "When was the last time that guitar missed a gig?" My answer: "Before I got it."

Blackie_01.JPG

If I could have one, it would either to have my Talledaga back or have that Vector custom Serial has had for sale here for awhile.  The Vector I just think is rad as hell.  The Tally wasn't just a looker, it was a versatile, playing son of a bitch.  At the time I sold it, I wasn't gigging and was just rolling guitars because I was bored.  Now that I am playing in a band again, I really miss it - one of those guitars that you could easily do damn near anything you needed to for a three-hour gig. 

Plus, I picked it up for I think $1600 back in 2015 from Jimmy Somma, the guy who makes Sommatone Amps.  He's also a guitar tech and a gigging musician and made a couple of little tweaks to it.  Ugh... I really shouldn't have gotten rid of it. 

7 hours ago, kizanski said:

Now you're going to SELL me the Baker after you die?  You had told me that you willed it to me. 
Ok, I'll sell the Standard to you...when you're dead.

Just checking to see if your memory is still sharp.  Call you "beneficiary"...

On 11/15/2020 at 12:27 AM, cmatthes said:

Except MIke won’t do that.  Trust me...I asked!  

If I had to keep one Hamer, it might be this one:

72591FE7-DB4B-479F-91C2-F5B0B14681F1.jpeg

Wait. Hamer made a pickle-fork-head stringed instrument? Who dropped the tab of acid in the morning coffee of the guy who approved THAT build?

3 hours ago, Menehune said:

Wait. Hamer made a pickle-fork-head stringed instrument? Who dropped the tab of acid in the morning coffee of the guy who approved THAT build?

They made them from the mid-70s all all the way to the bitter end.

Archived