Hamer Fan Club Message Center

IF YOU COULD ONLY BUY ONE OR KEEP ONE HAMER.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most probably my 1995 Korina Standard. But it's almost an even draw between that one and the 78 or 80 four digits.

Been thinking hard on this, and ended up with 3 answers. ONLY ELECTRIC, ONLY HAMER, or Hamer I don't currently own.

If it's my ONLY electric, my Artist Custom. I'm generally a G-scale (24.75) player, and it's such a versatile tool! It's also my first Hamer, and one I wanted for almost 25 years before finally pulling the trigger - and vastly overpaying - so it has a special place in my heart.

If it's my ONLY HAMER, but I can still keep my LP Special, my Jazzburst SuperPro, all day long! F-scale (25.5) makes me think and play differently, and I love the wider physical spread of the pickups in an otherwise loosely ES/LP style guitar. And while many wax poetic about the original pups in a SuperPro, the Alnico 2 Pros that came in mine are so sweet, I can't justify the PITA of subjecting it to the repeated swaps for minimal improvement many guitars go through. It's a tone monster already!

If it's a Hamer I don't currently own, the two I most desire atm (but have never played an example of either, so it could be a bad idea) are the @Pieman
Ultimate Quilt Tiger Eye Tally Pro currently for sale or an Artist Ultimate. But I'm afraid I'd be content to just look at that Tally and never play it... it's almost too pretty!

Are you SURE it can only be "one?" Why not, ya know, three? 

'91 Sunburst, '93 FM, '92 Sunburst. '91 Murkat pickups and re-vitalized before I got it man probably 10-12 years ago? '93 FM featured elsewhere with the metal covers off the Marshallheads and '92 from Iownit/Robert is really a colour I'd call Watermelon Slushy, maybe Strawberry Ice with a great chevron 3D top and low wind Fralin Pure PAFs. 

My '81 Special is not pictured, I'm restoring it as we speak: De-Kahler'ing and making progress. Covid-time has been good for some things anyway...

spacer.png

15 minutes ago, specialk said:

There was an orange/white "Dreamsicle" I saw here once and of course forgot to grab a pic. Probably that one, just cause it's been taking up so many of my fewer and fewer brain cells all these years.

2 hours ago, specialk said:

There was an orange/white "Dreamsicle" I saw here once and of course forgot to grab a pic. Probably that one, just cause it's been taking up so many of my fewer and fewer brain cells all these years.

Elduave also custom-ordered a "Dreamsicle" burst Monaco Elite Mahogany.  THAT was a cool axe!

22 hours ago, BoogieMKIIA said:

Since I only have one, I will keep it. If not this, either a Korina Special Jr or a 4 digit Sunburst.

C0A664C1-3970-4B8B-96C1-E4CC399FED31.jpeg

That looks like a keeper!

if you ever find a 4-digit Sunburst, let us know...  😉

Hmm, of the 7 Hamers I have I use 3 frequently, and one of them is a bass. I think, my green Cali (see profile pic) would be that guitar. But I am lucky that I don't need to sell any guitars so far. Though I need a new job. It will be tough.

Archived