Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Anybody else building a Youtube channel? Subscription swap?

it's me HHB

2 hours ago, it's me HHB said:

Yo getting to a 1000 subscribers is a bitch! Leave your link here and I'll do you if you do me lol

https://youtube.com/user/hardheartedbill

Subscribed. No need to hit me back.  😉

2 hours ago, it's me HHB said:

Yo getting to a 1000 subscribers is a bitch! Leave your link here and I'll do you if you do me lol

https://youtube.com/user/hardheartedbill

2 hours ago, mathman said:

subbed! :D

On 11/14/2020 at 5:05 PM, Travis said:

Subscribed. No need to hit me back.  😉

I generally subscribe to any of you guys that post a video here. I’ve been subscribed to @polara and @Brooks for must be more than five years. @it's me HHB seems like more than a year. Great stuff out of everyone!  

14 minutes ago, Brooks said:

Curious, what does having subscribers do for you?

Eventually, big bucks.  Not sure at what level (other than it has nothing to do with me), but the OP mentions 1,000 subscribers.

I do know Leo Moracchioli built a really nice house after hitting 1MM subscribers.  Not that that is necessarily an indication (more an anecdote), but some of the idiots my son shows me with millions of subscribers seem to be making extreme bank (that's what the kids say for 'a lot of money').  

One of the largest success stories of the lockdown has to be Nashville session guy Tom Bukovac (501chorusecho), who started a YouTube channel in his garage (to be fair, he'd posted a few videos prior).  No props other than his guitars and a backdrop of the actual garage and some extra amps.  He's got 44k subscribers with nothing fancy at all.  He records everything on his iPhone.  

Brooks, you're much better than most of the people to which I subscribe for guitar stuff.  Make a go!  

ETA: found this regarding monetization: https://blog.vplayed.com/youtube-monetization-rules/

Seems it has more to do with hours of viewing than subscribers (though @it's me HHB's 1,000 is the minimum for monetization), but subscribers should be directly proportionate given quality content.

I used to make about $100 every year to year and a half.  That was with only 40 or 50 subscribers.  Then they changed the rules and now you need 1000 to even qualify.

23 hours ago, Brooks said:

Curious, what does having subscribers do for you?

Yeah, there's a lot of factors.  You get more per watch and ad revenue if it's general interest.  Guitar stuff is a little more of a niche.  Most of these guys really use it as a vehicle to sell other stuff (music, T-shirts, other merchandise, lessons, etc.).  

And a lot of these guys get stuff sent to them to "evaluate", which some companies just let them keep, I'm sure in no way implying they should skew a review one way or another for getting to keep it.  😆

Archived