Hamer Fan Club Message Center

COVID Collaboration Cover (w. Hamer Content)

Rich_S

With no chance of a reunion show in our immediate future, I rallied my old '80s band to record some covers remotely, mostly to give me some material on which to practice engineering and producing.  The first two songs we did needed my Telecaster, but I finally got to use my Hamer Sunburst (w. Josh's pickups) on our latest recording, The Cars' "Dangerous Type". 

Since we were always a girl-fronted band, we never did any Cars but when I suggested this all the guys said, "I love The Cars!  Why didn't we any Cars back in the day?" 

We pressed my brother into service on lead vocals, and he did a great job considering he's never sung with a rock band or in a studio before.  We all recorded our parts in our homes (separated by 400 miles) and shared files on DropBox.

The last time I went out to see a coverband(pre covid) they where playing the same covers we did in the 80’s and 90’s. I liked you’re cover of that!! Car’s can be tough to cover!!

Nice mix! Your brother did a great job singing and your playing was great. What signal chain did you use on the Hamer? Killin’ guitar tone.

I used the Hamer for the "Ric Ocasek" rhythm tracks.  Believe it or not, the rig was just a beat-up clone of a Catalinbread SFT pedal through my H&K RedBox cab/mic sim, straight into the DAW.  Full disclosure: the chorus parts, solo, and spaghetti western guitar at the end were the Tele, through my 18 Watter clone and the RedBox.

SFT&Redbox_201017s.jpg

Archived