Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Do I need a Rickenbacker 330 or 360?

hikarateboy

If I could do it all again, I’d a swapped my 650 for another 650 and then thrown in toasters in place of the mini buckers (which did sound great in their own right, they even jangle a bit).  Big wide neck on the 650. But I digress. 
I hope you find and a rock a 330 or 360 @hikarateboy!

I have a mid-late 80s 360.  I love that guitar.  Easier to play than any other guitar I have ever owned.  I string it light and it's Beatles and early Who (Can't Explain is my guide sound for that guitar), but does lots of other stuff, too.  

I don't need a second one, but this one I have owned since new and it's a keeper.  White (now nicely aged) w black, BTW.  It's cool.

Had a 66 or 67 366-12 "convertible" 6 and 12.  Toasters, 12 string bridge added later.  When used as a 6 string, the extra neck width  was much appreciated. But you still had the other 6 strings lying there.  As a 12, you had to really pay attention if you were doing anything but splanging chords.  It was quirky, rare and unusual, (and sounded freakin' great) but ultimately didn't suit my intended use.

2 hours ago, stedge said:

I have a mid-late 80s 360.  I love that guitar.  Easier to play than any other guitar I have ever owned.  I string it light and it's Beatles and early Who (Can't Explain is my guide sound for that guitar), but does lots of other stuff, too.  

I don't need a second one, but this one I have owned since new and it's a keeper.  White (now nicely aged) w black, BTW.  It's cool.

I bought a 360/12 in Jetglo right off the rack in 1987.  I got a helluva deal, because I happened to have been talking to an overserved owner of my local beach/resort town's music store one night.  He had blown his cash and said if I bought him a drink at last call, he'd let me have a Rick 12 string at his cost...which he told me was $550 (they were marked at $895), including case.   I was waiting for him when he shuffled up at 10am the next morning, keys in hand, hungover as I'd ever seen a person before.   He didn't look at me, nor say "Hi!" or "good morning", just..."What did I tell you you could have the Rickenbacker for last night?", and then he cursed, dropped the keys and kicked the door.  Twenty minutes later, I was heading back home with a shiny new Rickenbacker and a little less cash.

Good times...

Archived