Hamer Fan Club Message Center

No Big Deal

kizanski

1 minute ago, crunchee said:

This video of their version of Christmas Time Is Here has been posted on the HFC before, I think last year around this time or the year before that.  Very cool, IMO!

It's the only Christmas song I allow in my house.

It's an OK song, but why did they leave the click track in the final mix?

Man, Khrungabin are great. I'm really impressed. The House, World, Cool, French-Thai-Surf-Mood thing is really impressive. There's a lot more going on here than you first think, Laura is a great bass player, the interactions and balance between her and Mark are spot on and DJ the Drummer I think actually sets the time on the Atomic Clock.

Some of the tunes are more mood and background, some of them have a lot hop. And watching Mark play, I'm not even sure what the heck he's up too; so smooth and skilled.

Do you know Thievery Corporation? Kind of reminds me of them, though TC are ever changing, kind of the DC Funk/World/House mafia with tons of alumna and various styles and Mark from Khrungabin is a whole different level of guitarist; IMHO.

Thanks for sharing!

13 minutes ago, Drew816 said:

Man, Khrungabin are great. I'm really impressed. The House, World, Cool, French-Thai-Surf-Mood thing is really impressive. There's a lot more going on here than you first think, Laura is a great bass player, the interactions and balance between her and Mark are spot on and DJ the Drummer I think actually sets the time on the Atomic Clock.

Some of the tunes are more mood and background, some of them have a lot hop. And watching Mark play, I'm not even sure what the heck he's up too; so smooth and skilled.

Do you know Thievery Corporation? Kind of reminds me of them, though TC are ever changing, kind of the DC Funk/World/House mafia with tons of alumna and various styles and Mark from Khrungabin is a whole different level of guitarist; IMHO.

Thanks for sharing!

Agreed, 100%! 

Thanks for reminding me of them Kiz. Khruangbin were in my streaming rotation for background work music, but I switched to chillhop because their tunes were too interesting.

I recall an interview in which Mark and Laura were asked about their wigs, which Mark at least said were hot and smelly. He said something along the lines of the wig being a great disguise, as he could take it off and go check on the merch table without getting mobbed.

Archived