Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Jazzburst Korina P-90 Artist (2002?) $1199 @Guitar Sinner

• topekatj changed the title to Jazzburst Korina P-90 Artist (2002?) $1199 @Guitar Sinner

Self "Can you really justify another P90 Artists in Jazzburst?"

Voice of constraint  "No way man! You already got them bases covered."

Self "Yeah. Well yeah. But what about that other one you been thinking about?"

VOC "Hmmm. Now that's a different story entirely."

NOTE TO ALL INTERESTED PARTIES. Don't wait too long on this one. 

It arrived Tuesday. Gorgeous, with maybe six chips along the edge, not easy to see from the front, and one on the back. Little buckle hazing. One ding on the back. Case is a bit worn but no stink, and all latches work.

The good: Terrific vintage carve neck, beautiful finish, stays in tune, sounds woody, powerful, mid-rangey like a P90 guitar should.

The okay: some fret wear in the cowboy chord area as well as some wear through the clearcoat on the bass side of the neck there. But not enough to affect playing.

The bad: File marks or some weird kind of tiny lines, parallel with the strings, on the 5th, 6th and 7th frets. They make vibrato and bends feel scratchy. I very lightly filed them and polished the frets and that helped but it's there. Also the (stupid Hamer insistence on these thing... grr) barrel output jack is getting loose. The good ones get played a lot: this one was clearly played a ton but not abused.

I ordered a new barrel jack, and will someday get someone more skilled than me do a gentle fret level. With the little finish dings and needing a touch-up on the frets, I think the $1199 was a fair price but not a steal. I just like the guitar.

I posted in the NGD that I think I'm gonna do the GC return thing. It's mid-rangey but to a fault. Really not much bite to it, and it wasn't cheap enough for me to start throwing money into pickups to try. The Fano sounds way better, so back it goes, sadly. It's pretty!

Archived