Hamer Fan Club Message Center

OK, Who's Buying One of These?

scottcald

Well, hot damn! Floyd Rose now has a FRT100 series trem-  you get the whammy bar and springs- nothing else.

Interesting pickup arrangement...

Can’t say I’d be getting one. Seems like it’s trying to be a little bit of everything. Which usually means it’s not very good at any of them...  Maybe I’m wrong. One of you guys getting one can let me know. 

Holland and Nitro and their hit tune... Ahh, anyone know their hit tunes name? 😉

I like shorter scale and smaller neck profiles, but I think 5" is just a bit too small for even me.

And by the way, he can really play; just not really my thing. Here he is, lost in the desert, luckily they have power somehow:

Michael Angelo Batio "The Badlands" (Official Video)

52 minutes ago, Drew816 said:

Holland and Nitro and their hit tune... Ahh, anyone know their hit tunes name? 😉

I like shorter scale and smaller neck profiles, but I think 5" is just a bit too small for even me.

And by the way, he can really play; just not really my thing. Here he is, lost in the desert, luckily they have power somehow:

Michael Angelo Batio "The Badlands" (Official Video)

Yeah, he can play a lot more than shred.  I went to a local clinic he gave, he was fun, a little too "on" sometimes, but nice dude. 

1 hour ago, Steve Haynie said:

Michael Angelo Batio had a hand in the design.  He is famous.  Perhaps he can explain the positives of a shorter-than-short scale. 

For 999$ you get the bundle with the Angelo Batio handwound whig. Every shredder should wear one, makes you play faster and better.

5 hours ago, Travis said:

Interesting pickup arrangement...

Can’t say I’d be getting one. Seems like it’s trying to be a little bit of everything. Which usually means it’s not very good at any of them...  Maybe I’m wrong. One of you guys getting one can let me know. 

Sometimes too much is not enough.

To me it looks like a Fendson.

ETA. The green one more looks like a Gibsder.

"Michael Angelo" as he was billed back in the eighties came to Discount Music in Orlando.  They had a performance stage and "clinics" were the thing.  I think, with the employees and guests, there were about fifteen people there.  It was pathetic.  My best friend Chris Lukasik (of Gibson Bolt fame) invited me to see "this guy that Ron Tunks (the local sales rep for anything top of the line) says is pretty good".  I pulled into the parking lot and saw that there was no crowd.

There was a Sobik's Subs next door and I decided to get a sandwich before the show.  As I walked through the door, I see one guy at the counter with really good hair.  It was Batio.  I was immediately greeted by the owner with the perfunctory "Steak and Cheese"!  I was there every Saturday for a long time.

I mentioned to the guy with the hair that I guessed he was the clinic guest.  We shook hands.  I remember him introducing himself as Mike. When my order was ready, I just walked toward his table and he asked me to sit down.  We discussed vintage guitars, favorite guitar players and his unique technique using the two-neck guitar.  

The clinic was pretty much Mike doing the two necked thing.  I'd seen Stanley Jordan previously, so it was kind of under-inspiring.  It was after the clinic that things heated up.

Mike came back into the Service Department and asked Chris to set up and re-string the two neck wonder.  Apparently, it played terribly (at that time).  A guy in Atlanta had worked on it and F'd it all up.  Chris fixed it in about twenty minutes.  During that twenty minutes, Mike played my '65 SG Standard through a Boogie that was the test amp in the Service Department.  

The man has chops in all styles.  I don't care what you think.  I heard him play jazz, blues, and some really cool slide stuff with a slide that just covered your finger from knuckle to knuckle.  He was just noodling.  It was a really great experience and I remember it like it was yesterday.  He was a real nice person and a fantastic talent.  

Archived