Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: A COUPLE OF VERY INTERESTING HAMERS FOR SALE IN GERMANY!

These are being advertised on Ebay Kleinanzeigen (=Small Ads, a free service, NO charges!)

As usual: No Affiliation!

1. KORINA VECTOR Flying V

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/hamer-vector-korina-flying-v-usa-gibson-flying-v-korina-/1579045052-74-1791

2. MONACO ELITE (ex Pete Flynn)

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/hamer-monaco-elite-usa-ex-pete-flynn-keine-les-paul/1575167399-74-3454

Prices seem reasonable in both cases, if I had the cash I would like to buy them both!-) but in these Corona times I just have to hold back...😐

There are a few more USA Hamers listed here but I think these two are definitely by far the most interesting!

Please explain the printed serial number issue. Forgetful in my old age. I seem to recall it being discussed but can't find the conversations.

16 minutes ago, DeVai said:

Please explain the printed serial number issue. Forgetful in my old age. I seem to recall it being discussed but can't find the conversations.

The serial number would have been printed back then but that font isn't close to what was used by Hamer.  

ETA: And it's an '81 serial number but the ad says "1980"   

It's also been sanded from the original finish and the contours and headstock shape are all messed up.   Ugh.

2 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

And the Sustainblock is naked. 

Looks kinda Mighty Mite-y.

1 hour ago, Montelovesco said:

Actually, it says „1980er“, which means  „eighties“... Probably...

Maybe.  

Google Translator shows "...a Hamer Special from 1980 first series," but I suppose either could be right.  

One thing I know is not right is that serial number stamping.  

Archived