Hamer Fan Club Message Center

case for sale on evilbay

It's expensive for a red-lined case.

IIRC, this particular style Hamer case was made by TKL in Canada, it usually points this out (either that it's made by TKL and/or Made In Canada) on the plastic or leather pull-tab on the case pocket lid.  It's essentially the same as a Les Paul case, except Hamer TKL cases had a small amount of additional padding at the butt/bottom end of the guitar on the main side of the case (not the lid), as Hamers such as Specials were a little thinner than LPs, but not as thin as a SG.  If you have both the TKL Hamer and the TKL-made LP cases, you can check this out for yourself.

Also, here's the link (no affiliation):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Hamer-USA-Doublecut-Hardshell-Case-Gold-Logo-Prototype-Phantom-SAT/333796155717?hash=item4db7cd2145:g:xswAAOSwglZft-RV

^^ I do and that is correct. ^^

I was showing the son as a lesson in manufacturing strategy. The Kiz’ Senior(R) and the Lester look very different, but fit the same case (except for depth). 

Maintaining the same “footprint,” TKL (and others) need only tool up for one case, with only small adjustments (padding, in this case) on each batch. 

The AXL Bulldog (LP Junior clone) I recently got came with a LP (non-TKL) case...I encountered the same 'issue' except maybe worse, as the cradle for the neck in the case made the neck act like a fulcrum, because of the lack of extra thickness at the butt/body end, and a resulting lack of support.  If the guitar sits at home in the case and doesn't get treated roughly, then normally It's not a problem...but I wonder if this is how neck breaks near the body occur, if the guitar (in case) gets dropped hard...the neck gets pinned in place if the case lid is closed and latched, but the body still has room to move due to lack of support.  Just to be safe, I put a doubled-up old sock at the butt end of the case to support the body.  No more fulcrum see-saw action!

Archived