Hamer Fan Club Message Center

COOL MAN

meathead321

I just aquired a american standard fender telecaster dirt cheap man its in excellent condition and it has a cool history First it was originally owned by Jerry Corbetta.  Second its custom wired  and it has 1 big hole under the pick guard that will accomidate humbuckers in the neck and middle pup locations. This only has a neck and a bridge pup. However it is wired for 3 pups. The selector switch  middle position ( 5 way ) does nothing and there is a hot and gound for a 3rd pup just sitting under the pickup guard. And it has a phase switch which is cool instant humbucker. 

I've never seen anything like it its a professional wiring job man. Ive had dozens of these apart doing wiring.  Somebody really used their head when they wired it. Also the case is very cool its not a rectangular case its a leather clad freakin what looks similar to a chainsaw case. It is beautiful has 3 latches Probably his guitar tech did the wiring. The dude i got it from is an old band mate and good friend We go back shit 40 years man. Anyway he went to Jerry Corbetta's estate sale and bought it from his wife his guitar tech was there as well Its beautiful not a scratch on it man. My friend is going through a nasty ass divorce a lot of assets and money involved. Anyway Also i bought a Hamer Phantom only its one of those phantoms with a prototype body they call it a phantom because it has a 5 way rotary switch for pup selection and no Kahler or Floyd Rose tremolo. It has the neck pup and the triple coil set up at the bridge the old mother bucker. Oh yeah the telecaster has funky inlays in the fret board they look like regular mother of pearl but there is a lot of real cool lookin blue green colors in them 

The Jerry Corbetta story is that he was the keyboard player and front man from sugarloaf who did the tunes Green Eyed Lady and Dont call us we'll call you He died Sept 2016 of picks disease a fairly rare form of dementia He was a great singer and player man So now i have 4 hamer guitars This one which is beautiful unplayed it has a tiger maple top book matched perfect I have 2 prototype II's with Kahler tremolos. Which i like the Kahler its flush mount The Floyd Rose you have to butch your guitar to install it. At least with a Kahler all you have to do if you do away with it ( i can see why you might because of alternate tunings )  is fill 4 screw holes and paint it. You have to mortice out wood from the body to install a Floyd Rose. Which i dont like. The kahler works great and a 1996 Eclipse 12 string. So i'm getting there as far as Hamer goes I bought both these guitars last week. Put a little bit of a hurting on the checking account but i will survive I need a couple mor Hamers and i'll be happy for a while. A little bit of trivia The Hamer prototype was Hamer's first original body design they came out in 1981 i think If memory serves before that they made mainly Gibson derivetives And they took pickups out of Gibsons broken bin and had dimarzio rewire them for them That was in the beginning which is cool 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived