Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Does Shishkov offer a 7 string option?

jco5055

Wait...  this is an option?

i had a couple of Ibanez 7-strings years ago but sold both because the necks were too flat for my taste. 

i now have an idea for a second order... 🤔

1 hour ago, velorush said:

Seven? I can't figure out what to do with six.  I sometimes think Keef got it right with Micawber.  🙄

Ooohh...  what about a baritone/extended scale...?  Don’t have to figure out that extra string or worry about the extra width of the neck when switching between 6 & 7.

Always wanted to try the Monaco Subtone. Never seen one of those in the wild. This could be something...

In all seriousness, the addition of a B (bass or guitar) is very interesting to me, just being able to hold to one position.

As far as baritones, have you seen any of Mark Lettieri's videos playing funk on baritone?  Evidence enough that I need one!

1 hour ago, velorush said:

In all seriousness, the addition of a B (bass or guitar) is very interesting to me, just being able to hold to one position.

As far as baritones, have you seen any of Mark Lettieri's videos playing funk on baritone?  Evidence enough that I need one!

Thanks for that!  I’ve been watching baritone guitar videos for the past hour and I heard this guy’s name mentioned but I hadn’t come to any of his music yet. This is killer!

2 hours ago, Travis said:

Ooohh...  what about a baritone/extended scale...?  Don’t have to figure out that extra string or worry about the extra width of the neck when switching between 6 & 7.

Always wanted to try the Monaco Subtone. Never seen one of those in the wild. This could be something...

There’s a really cool baritone Newport for sale right now...

3 hours ago, Travis said:

Thanks for that!  I’ve been watching baritone guitar videos for the past hour and I heard this guy’s name mentioned but I hadn’t come to any of his music yet. This is killer!

He's with Snarky Puppy, but he's also put out several solo albums including a baritone-specific album in 2019:

Seems to be a really down-to-earth guy with great chops.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2020 at 3:48 PM, velorush said:

He's with Snarky Puppy, but he's also put out several solo albums including a baritone-specific album in 2019:

I only put together that "Snarky Puppy" and "Skinny Puppy" were different bands this week.   I've been wondering for years why the hornline and bass player in my band raved so much about an 80s industrial band. Finally the light bulb clicked on. 

• 1 month later...

Archived