Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

What's the boo-teeky, overpriced obscure pedal you actually think is terrific?


Recommended Posts

I've got to go with my Cameltoe Effects MILF (Music I'd Like to Free) pedal. Very limited edition - there's only one and I've got it. Enclosure hand-painted by the Internet artiste de l'heure, whom I've already forgotten because it's now past l'heure. Constructed using verified 1950's Switchcraft jacks and Switchcraft switch and wiring encased in hand-woven Giza cotton sleeving, and having no electronics corrupting the signal path either on or off.

Much mojo. Incredible tone. All mine.

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have got an eventide pitchfactor which I thought I could use to turn me into Brian May.   Basically it highlighted how little I know about music theory in my uselessness to work out how to

Now, THIS PEDAL, is a "must have" at any price. I used to have a "Talent Booster", but with age I seem to care less and less about talent, and find that sucking less is just more important to me.

I love Univibes...   Okay, I love Univibes so long as someone else is playing.  There.  Every time I buy one I get tired of the throbbing after about five minutes and I box them up and sell them.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Menehune said:

I've got to go with my Cameltoe Effects MILF (Music I'd Like to Free) pedal. Very limited edition - there's only one and I've got it. Enclosure hand-painted by the Internet artiste de l'heure, whom I've already forgotten because it's now past l'heure. Constructed using verified 1950's Switchcraft jacks and Switchcraft switch and wiring encased in hand-woven Giza cotton sleeving, and having no electronics corrupting the signal path either on or off.

Much mojo. Incredible tone. All mine.

Can you describe its acoustic voice?

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2020 at 4:13 PM, velorush said:

I love Univibes...  

Okay, I love Univibes so long as someone else is playing.  There.  Every time I buy one I get tired of the throbbing after about five minutes and I box them up and sell them.  I've had many of the boutique brands; even the Earthquaker Devices "The Depths" that claimed it's "Throb" knob could allow control of the intensity of throb.  All sent back or flipped.

Then I discovered the Lovepedal Vibronaut.  The separate Low and Hi knobs aren't just EQ - they seem to change how the effect works on those frequencies, so the throb can be dialed back or intensified as-needed.  The Level control is great, too, as level always at least seems to drop when one of these type pedals gets stepped on.  It's great (IMO).  Definitely not as expensive as the Dry Bell Vibe Machine and others, but also not cheap and definitely under the radar.lovepedal-vibronaut-photocell-vibe-pedal

I wants one!!!

 

My entry is the pedal I've been using as a vibe substitute:  the Red Witch Moon Phaser.  Combination tremolo & phaser that ~ to me ~ is very vibey.  I can't even fit it on my board right now, but I'll never part with it.

Mine's an older model with no LED, but here's a good demo:

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, draelyc said:

IMy entry is the pedal I've been using as a vibe substitute:  the Red Witch Moon Phaser. 

Yep, that's a goodun'. The trem-phase settings does a pretty convincing vibe sound.

Edited by RobB
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, draelyc said:

I wants one!!!

 

My entry is the pedal I've been using as a vibe substitute:  the Red Witch Moon Phaser.  Combination tremolo & phaser that ~ to me ~ is very vibey.  I can't even fit it on my board right now, but I'll never part with it.

Mine's an older model with no LED, but here's a good demo:

 

I have one as well. The only phaser I’ve ever bonded with. I’ll never part with it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of Red Witch, my Empress Chorus is the one pedal with which I have a very conflicted relationship. There are times when I connect with it emotionally and marvel at its voice. But there are other times it just hisses and chews my tone past the bone.

I know. Be patient, work with it, let it unfold its goodness. In the dark moments I want to just drive it out to the woods and let it go.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had o

15 hours ago, Menehune said:

Speaking of Red Witch, my Empress Chorus is the one pedal with which I have a very conflicted relationship. 

Same here. I found it to noticeably drop the input levels. 

I experimented with one for a bit. A constant dance in trying to match it with different guitars. I think the key to success is the input toggle and finding the proper depth settings. They should have included an internal input trimmer pot.

I finally gave up and got a Wazacraft CE-2 Chorus. That was the sound I was looking for all along. 

Edited by RobB
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2020 at 10:42 AM, gtrdaddy said:

Now, THIS PEDAL, is a "must have" at any price. I used to have a "Talent Booster", but with age I seem to care less and less about talent, and find that sucking less is just more important to me.

image.png

I don’t need to spend a penny for that.  My hands are hard wired at max suckage 100% with 0% pass thru.  

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, RobB said:

Same here. I found it to noticeably drop the input levels. 

I experimented with one for a bit. A constant dance in trying to match it with different guitars. I think the key to success is the input toggle and finding the proper depth settings. They should have included an internal input trimmer pot.

I finally gave up and got a Wazacraft CE-2 Chorus. That was the sound I was looking for all along. 

Yes. At some point you get beyond "I really like her. How can we make this work?" to arrive at "she might be perfect for someone else but she's wrong for me (and let's engineer this breakup in a way that she's unlikely to kill me in my sleep)."

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...