Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Great sale price on a great (Bass) pedal!

I'm still convinced that Tech21 makes the best bass pedals/shapers.  I recently snagged the Geddy Lee signature 2112 to supplement my my 20+ year old BassDriver DI, and thought I'd ended my bass pedal lust.

They recently came out with the dUg Pinnick signature Fly Rig, and all of the demos I've seen have been really impressive.  Not really feeling up to ponying up $300 for one of those right now, BUT...

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DP3X--tech-21-dug-pinnick-signature-bass-distortion-pedal

Save $100, here!

That’s a tough one!  The Steve Harris is more like the traditional FlyRig.   Sounds fantastic too!  🤘😜

Tech21 is great stuff!

I always hoped and could never understand why the guitar FlyRigs didn’t have XLR out. 

Haven’t seen the Steve Harris demos and it’s been a while on the dUg. Off to YouTube!

ETA: looked at the Tech21 web site and what do you know?  V2 of the FlyRig is out with XLR!  THIS is compelling!

20 hours ago, cmatthes said:

I'm still convinced that Tech21 makes the best bass pedals/shapers.  I recently snagged the Geddy Lee signature 2112 to supplement my my 20+ year old BassDriver DI, and thought I'd ended my bass pedal lust.

They recently came out with the dUg Pinnick signature Fly Rig, and all of the demos I've seen have been really impressive.  Not really feeling up to ponying up $300 for one of those right now, BUT...

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DP3X--tech-21-dug-pinnick-signature-bass-distortion-pedal

Save $100, here!

Any thoughts on how it would do playing an Impact through an SVT-4Pro w' Ampeg stacks?

I'm tempted.

5 minutes ago, Jfritts said:

Any thoughts on how it would do playing an Impact through an SVT-4Pro w' Ampeg stacks?

I'm tempted.

Bass Rigs for $500, Alex.

Answer: A FlyRig inserted between an Impact bass and an SVT-4Pro with Ampeg stacks.

Question: What is the definition of superfluous, Alex?

source.gif&f=1&nofb=1

😁

3 hours ago, Jfritts said:

I'm tempted.

I’m not sure, but I’m willing to try!!

Sure sounds promising...

14 hours ago, Jfritts said:

Seriously? I really don't know. I have limited experience with effects but like those demo tones.

I was afraid my question would display my ignorance.

Not at all. Please see it from our (okay,my) perspective. Your signal chain without the pedal consists of two elements many would consider the best of the best.  

Personally, just plugging an Impact Bass into an SVT is a pretty amazing concept. I don’t know what that would sound like, but it would have to be absolutely amazing.

The thought of adding anything to that recipe just seemed unnecessary. 🙂

Sure, but does Amazon send you THIS?!  😆

19D65758-825C-4309-B667-70F5E08FCBF0.jpeg

I can't imagine that there would be anything lacking with an Impact into an SVT, but you might be able to get a couple different flavors of awesome with the Tech21 in between. The other week, Chris was running a Hamer 8 string into a Wampler Low  Blow into Markbass Little Mark 800 into an Ampeg 8-10 at my place and that certainly didn't suck lol (never got it above 3 however). My favorite bass is a crappy Squier (im)precision bass, so I figure that SH ought to work just fine for those tones. There is something compelling about the dUg tones though - the combination of grind over the thud is very cool. 

I thought one of the mad scientists at Tech21 was on a couple of HFC tours back in the day; kudos to them for creating some incredible pieces of gear. 

That MarkBass head was really cool, Stonge!   

On 11/23/2020 at 6:50 PM, cmatthes said:

Save $100, here!

Leaning towards the dUg in terms on tone...

REALLY leaning in on this new bass dirt pedal... went all in and on waiting list... May cant come here soon enough.. 

The Tech 21 Steve Harris landed today; ran a P-bass into it then into the effects return of my Mesa Mark5-25 and a Mesa slant cab with a 12" Celestion.  The Geezer Butler and Steve Harris settings both sounded really good even through that rig, and I lost a couple hours massacring Maiden and Sab tunes.  The P-bass has a Rotosound Steve Harris set of flatwounds with a .110 low E and my left hand is shot lol.   I'll try it through my SVT cab tomorrow with the Stingray 5.  The pedal is comically small but has a metal frame and doesn't feel cheap or crappy.  I'm amazed that it only weighs 12 ounces, but it feels well built and sounds really good.  Wow.

Archived