Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

1996 Hamer USA FM Special, $1300 NY Craigslist


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, specialk said:

Seems too high a price for me. 

Seriously? If it weren’t on the coast opposite from myself I’d be making a move on it. 

Happy Thanksgiving, HFC’ers! Are any members in the NY area willing to offer an assist on this instrument?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh, I remember buying and selling my ‘95 Aztec gold special FM for $500-$550 years ago...  Outstanding guitars those Special FM’s...

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Travis said:

Ugh, I remember buying and selling my ‘95 Aztec gold special FM for $500-$550 years ago...  Outstanding guitars those Special FM’s...

Yep - bought one in 2004 for $400. Sick top, but all of these FMs seem to have sick tops.
That said, the price on this one is "optimistic." 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

This one was on reverb for a while at $1500.     Recall the seller had make an offer but would only counter like $50.   Looks like this guy bought it.    As far as fms go it’s pretty nice...  
 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to sound like a kook, but has anyone here ever run into a counterfeit USA FM Special?  There was a mint 1995 listed on Reverb last year for $850 with a beautiful, beautiful top, and after contacting the seller, I felt really strange about it, as if it were too good to be true.  The seller had an odd story about having the guitar shipped to him via Craigslist, but he was now unloading it right away for less than he paid for it.  Here is his Reverb listing:

https://reverb.com/ca/item/29456328-hamer-usa-special-fm-gold-aztec-1995

The tipping point for me was the lack of an original case, even though (correct me if I am wrong) any customer had to pay extra for an OHSC anyway.  I sat on my thumb for a day, and then, not surprisingly, the guitar sold to somebody else.  It was a great price for a gorgeous instrument, and it was probably legit anyway!  What are your thoughts?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HamerCustomEr said:

Not to sound like a kook, but has anyone here ever run into a counterfeit USA FM Special?  There was a mint 1995 listed on Reverb last year for $850 with a beautiful, beautiful top, and after contacting the seller, I felt really strange about it, as if it were too good to be true.  The seller had an odd story about having the guitar shipped to him via Craigslist, but he was now unloading it right away for less than he paid for it.  Here is his Reverb listing:

https://reverb.com/ca/item/29456328-hamer-usa-special-fm-gold-aztec-1995

The tipping point for me was the lack of an original case, even though (correct me if I am wrong) any customer had to pay extra for an OHSC anyway.  I sat on my thumb for a day, and then, not surprisingly, the guitar sold to somebody else.  It was a great price for a gorgeous instrument, and it was probably legit anyway!  What are your thoughts?

Both guitars look real to me,   Don’t see why someone would fake a Hamer special.     More in labor to get it correct looking than the value.    

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, HamerCustomEr said:

The seller had an odd story about having the guitar shipped to him via Craigslist, but he was now unloading it right away for less than he paid for it.  What are your thoughts?

Sounds to me like the seller had a “keeper” Hamer missing its OHSC. He picked up the Special FM, swapped the cases, flipped the FM in the generic case he’d been using for his other Hamer. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, cynic said:

Sounds to me like the seller had a “keeper” Hamer missing its OHSC. He picked up the Special FM, swapped the cases, flipped the FM in the generic case he’d been using for his other Hamer. 

That sounds very plausible!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...