Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Our first band gig since March 14th!

The Shark

Power of Love, Working for the Weekend, Summer of '69, Just What I Needed, No Time, We're an American Band, Jet, Shakin', While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Secret Agent Man, 25 or 6 to 4 in the first set.  

Carry on Wayward Son, Hold on Loosely, Walkin' on a Thin Line, Big Shot, Double Vision, Cuts Like a Knife, Back on My Feet Again, Still Got the Blues, Seminole Wind, Turn the Page, and Born to Be Wild is the second set.

We'll finish with I'm Your Captain, Too Hot to Handle, Green Eyed Lady, Pretzel Logic, No Matter What, All I Need is a Miracle, How Long, Blue Morning Blue Day, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, Misunderstanding and The Boys are Back in Town are what's planned for the third set.  

We play three one hour sets from 7pm to 11pm.  

Don't hold back.  I can take it.

Great to hear there's music starting to happen again. Nice set list too. I'd have been there all night. Heck, I'm so starved for live music I'd go see anything live. My band has been on the sidelines since Feb. 2.  We had 23 bookings wiped out this year and now we're heading back into lockdown. I'm starting to worry that if this doesn't stop soon most of the places we play will be gone. Two have already closed for good and another is really struggling. I pray they can hold on.

Gudonya, I'd be there to yell for "Stairway To Freebird" if I could.

I played a socially distanced "pasty white folk singer" thing last weekend in a heated tent, behind a drummer's sound shield.  Yeah, there's some crowd interaction for ya.  Right.  I'll be the guitarist in a small to middlin' jazz combo at a small club in the next county over that has managed to hang on so far.  We'll see if he's still there in a couple of weeks.  No rehearsal.  Here's the charts kid, play.  Scary as hell and I love it.  But those are the only two proper gigs I've had since, I think, May??

6 hours ago, Rich_S said:

When I saw Green Eyed Lady I thought, “please tell me you have a Hammond player” but then I saw Carry On... and figured you probably do.

Actually he uses a Yamaha, a Korg and a Kerzweil "brain".  "Synths" today are amazingly accurate.  The violins and cellos are killer.  His Hammond sound is nearly perfect.  It has the "hair".  The MiniMoog sound is flat out perfect.  He does some ELP stuff and it's spot on.

14 hours ago, The Shark said:

Well, here I am at home.  The drummer's off again on again tendonitis in his elbow is back with a vengeance.  We had to cancel.  Sucks to get old.  So, December 19th is the next gig.  Ugh...

Damn disappointing! Feel for ya!! 

On 11/27/2020 at 11:25 PM, The Shark said:

Power of Love

On 11/28/2020 at 1:04 PM, killerteddybear said:

Celine Dion???

On 11/28/2020 at 7:53 PM, The Shark said:

Huey Lewis...

Aw, I thought maybe it was King's X.  😏

Archived