Hamer Fan Club Message Center

The Best of the HFC Vol4

52 minutes ago, mathman said:

Should we post our submissions here also?

Let's have an "unveiling" of the whole compilation at once.
I think it would be a bit anticlimactic to have the tracks here and then share with you a bunch of songs that you've heard already.  Just my opinion.

• Like 6
52 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Let's have an "unveiling" of the whole compilation at once.
I think it would be a bit anticlimactic to have the tracks here and then share with you a bunch of songs that you've heard already.  Just my opinion.

A good opinion. 

8 hours ago, kizanski said:

Yes. I usually agree with me.

And you occasionally agree with me so you have potential!   😉

• Haha 3

I'll have a song for you in the next two weeks or so (before Christmas I hope). Here's a teaser

(Teaser removed now project is finished)

Edited by Dasein
  • Like 2
16 minutes ago, Dasein said:

I'll have a song for you in the next two weeks or so (before Christmas I hope). Here's a teaser

I really like your grooves and the vocals over them.

23 minutes ago, mathman said:

I really like your grooves and the vocals over them.

Thanks Kirk  I really appreciate that. They always start out promising! Lol.... I hope I can carry this one through the song.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I have sent you a submission.

I may put in a solo section. My original version of it had one, and I kind of liked it (although the solo needed to be improved).  But now that this one is done without a solo, it does seem to work as is.

I'll work up a solo part and then see how I like it within 3-4 days.

• Like 2

I was tracking tonight - plugged in my Wah Wah pedal.... started picking up a local South Asian (Indian) radio station... lol....I guess tonight ain't the right night for tracking - it's a night for Bhaṅgṛā!!!!!

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Nathan of Brainfertilizer Fame said:

I have sent you a submission.

I may put in a solo section. My original version of it had one, and I kind of liked it (although the solo needed to be improved).  But now that this one is done without a solo, it does seem to work as is.

I'll work up a solo part and then see how I like it within 3-4 days.

Nope. After listening to it a few times, I'm going with it as is.  No changes.

It's not perfect, but I feel good about it, in light of my current level of experience/lack of mastery of Garage Band.  I'll keep getting better at it, I think.

30 minutes ago, Dasein said:

Kiz -- I'm working full time on this - I'm just a few days out - Will be done for sure before year's end -- trying hard to get it done by the 28th.... that gonna work?

I'll hold a spot for ya.  

Wow, that filled up quick. I'll probably probably look to participate in Vol 5 as i'm only about halfway to where i need to be and unfortunately don't want to try and rush things only to find out there isn't an open spot. I totally understand the need to put a timeline on it as we are talking about mucisians here and otherwise it would never get done. That being said, it would be nice to have a little more notice going forward. While this format works well for those that record regularly and have songs on standby, its a little more challenging to put something together from scratch in 3-4 weeks, at least for me.  I have plenty of old music but thought it would be more meaningful to do something new and specifically for this project. Look forward to hearing the finished project!

• Like 1
  • cmatthes locked and unpinned this topic