Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Dream Band?

Menehune

if you had your choice of musicians to play with in a band, or for or an album, a session, or a tour, who would they be?

Right now, mine would be:

• Tal Wilkenfeld - bass, acoustic guitar, vocals. Besides being a bass phenom and a great songwriter, her love of exploring musical boundaries and her strict professionalism impresses me. And the hugeness of her confident personality enthralls me.
  • Sina - drums, vocals. Technically excellent, good swing, from what I can tell very professional and straightforward to work with. Her many many YouTube covers of songs proves she's got the chops.
  • Beth Hart - lead vocals, keys. I think it's a shame that it took her work with Joe Bonamassa to bring Hart's prodigious talents to greater public exposure, but I'm thankful it happened. In all of her work I've seen she turns her soul inside out for her audience. That's exhausting and emotionally dangerous work, and yet she does it at a level of Janice Joplin and beyond.
  • Guthrie Govan - guitar. He'd run me right over on guitarwork, but he's just so damned good musically and creatively, and seems to be a fine fellow who would work hard to serve the band's context.

So who are your dream bandmates?

Tommy Emmanuel with Bella Fleck would be the really good thing I wanna see

I love Jeff Beck, so anyone with that guy. 

and Eric Johnson....    my hero

and no.. I don't play to that level. I could polish their guitars though.....

1 minute ago, specialk said:

Paul Gilbert. 

He seems like the nicest, most down to earth guy. He’d be in my top 5 for the purposes of this thread, if I thought I could keep up with him in a band setting...

Simon Philips or Stewart Copeland on drums, John Entwistle on bass and maybe Keef for a little rhythm guitar...😁

Stevie Wonder

Steve Cropper

James Jamerson

Stanton Moore

and Marc Ford.

Players/composers who all know the power and importance of space, and while they can fill it, they don't need to. And all can rock, funk it up, or pull way back for something subtle and soulful. 

I'll just tech and backline for them. I know my place. It's in the corner, making myself as small as possible doing my best impression of a fly on the wall until someone needs a string change or a drink. I'm happy there!

7 hours ago, antonyiv said:

Jack White - vocals, guitar

Greg Koch - lead guitar 

Les Claypool - bass

Dave Abbruzzese from Pearl Jam - drums

I think it will be quite interesting to hear that. 

Pure sonic mayhem. But I'll bet they could keep it in the pocket.^_^

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/10/2020 at 12:11 AM, Jack C said:

I would love to take Brian Baker’s place in Bad Religion.

Ok, I feel the need to clarify.  I was just watching a Bad Religion show on YouTube.  I don’t think Bran Baker needs replacing.   I want to BE Brian Baker. That dude rules. 

Archived