Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Thinking of finally starting that Strat Build.

bubs_42

First i'm going to have to consider boiling down my trio of Telecasters to two. Then, I want to build a Hardtail Strat with a Large Headstock (66 Strat), Rosewood Board, in Lake Placid Blue. I have the neck picked out, and I want to order the body from MJT. I miss the black MIJ Hardtail I sold last year, and after a lot of searching I have given up on finding a replacement. My Tele builds have come out really nice, and if I made a mistake it was making them too light. I still go back to the original one that is just a touch heavier than the MJT Builds.  I think the sweet spot for me is around 4lbs of alder and not 3lbs. 

So:
Large Heastock

60's Carve Neck

Rosewood Board

Alder Body 4lbs'ish

Aged Lake Placid Blue (this may change)

Aged white Guard (may change if color changes)

Pickups Undecided

If you order from MJT, specify a Wildwood body.  The USACG bodies suck, in my opinion.   Also, read up on recent MJT issues on the MJT FB page...they’ve apparently been having a bunch of unhappy customers lately...

Strats are so great. Make sure the bridge pickup is on a tone control. It fixes the issues with the bridge pickup. Speaking of pickups, what are you going with?

25 minutes ago, Jakeboy said:

Strats are so great. Make sure the bridge pickup is on a tone control. It fixes the issues with the bridge pickup. Speaking of pickups, what are you going with?

I haven't nailed that down yet, its to early in the process. 

Archived