Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Auction of EVH affiliated gear....uhhh...kind of.

SIR: Three guitars affiliated with/formerly owned by EVH went up for auction last week, one of which was the mini guitar in the "Hot for Teacher" video and another of which appears to be a legit stage-used, newer-production Charvel.  The third is what appears to be a stripe-finished, plywood Striker 1000 that EVH gave to someone he/Valerie knew.  In other words, a giveaway plywood bodied piece of shite with a craptastic pot-metal, non-locking Floyd Rose II went for ~$230k, about $90k more than the stage-played Charvel fetched.

Wolf was not involved in any form or fashion and needless to say, was not amused.

spacer.png

Wolf was not involved, and I think a big part of what set him off was the way some web sites portrayed the sale as 'iconic' Van Halen guitars, clearly implying it was the Frankenstein and/or other guitars that EVH used extensively.  They weren't presented that way by the auction house.

These guitars were done before the tours and at the time sold for $10-20k depending. The one's here locally in Central Ohio went for I think $12k and 14k each. Eddie would play them for one song and CASH IN! I don't know if the buyers got to meet, maybe so since some people have their names signed on them.

To see someone pay 10x that amount means there are people definitely doing better financially in the world than I, I thought the "one time use for one song guitars for $12k were a joke!" Obviously those that bought those guitars for that amount understand "investing" better than I do.  😉

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

For only $5000 you can get a one-song-played-in-concert guitar or bass from KISS.  People pay it. 

FAN: Gene, play "Rock n Roll All Nite!" here's my $5,000. 

Gene: Ahh, yeah, we weren't going to play that one tonight, but now we will. >>> Wink, Wink, Nudge, Nudge

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

For only $5000 you can get a one-song-played-in-concert guitar or bass from KISS.  People pay it. 

This is actually a thing? Gawd, Simmons is a scumbag of the highest order. What a poser.

• Like 1