Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: Jeff Watson Hamer FS in Japan

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, kizanski said:

Yes, that's true.  I can't tell you how that has haunted me over the years.

Think of the monster player you’d be if you had those extra frets and that mini-crown!  THINK ABOUT IT!

1 hour ago, JustKid said:

Damn...Binding, ebony, trapezoids , arch top and, 27 frets  with that ugly foreskin-of-a-fretmarker all the way on 27th!!! If this guitar was in States, I'd grab it in a heartbeat I guess. But yahoo...

It's a Yahoo JP Auction with a few days left - that isn't just a "Buy It Now" price.

7 hours ago, JustKid said:

Damn...Binding, ebony, trapezoids , arch top and, 27 frets  with that ugly foreskin-of-a-fretmarker all the way on 27th!!! If this guitar was in States, I'd grab it in a heartbeat I guess. But yahoo...

5 hours ago, cmatthes said:

It's a Yahoo JP Auction with a few days left - that isn't just a "Buy It Now" price.

It is a Yahoo Japan auction, but there is a buy it now price. @JuskKid, I've bought many guitars directly from Japan listings like this using a proxy. I'm happy to help get this to the states.

10 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Think of the monster player you’d be if you had those extra frets and that mini-crown!  THINK ABOUT IT!

I'm convinced that not having a Jeff Watson Signature Model Hamer USA guitar is what kept me from a lucrative career as a famous guitarist.

Now it's too late for me.  But not for you!

From a few years' back I recall there being another Hamer customer order for the artist "Jack Frost" (name on headstock) that was derivative of the Mirage and Watson design/shape....  I want to say that I remember it having a trem AND being neck through body construction, with a somewhat thinner body thickness, but I could be wrong. Damned if I can find it (or anything else) using the forum search function.

3 minutes ago, Ed Rechts said:

Let me guess.

It was purple.

I believe it was! Or at least dark blue -- I don't think it pertained to the ganja strain, though. 😄

I hope someone has a photo, I know the description seems implausible but my memory is pretty good.

6 hours ago, topekatj said:

From a few years' back I recall there being another Hamer customer order for the artist "Jack Frost" (name on headstock) that was derivative of the Mirage and Watson design/shape....  I want to say that I remember it having a trem AND being neck through body construction, with a somewhat thinner body thickness, but I could be wrong. Damned if I can find it (or anything else) using the forum search function.

50 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

IT'S IN THE BOOK!

Love them both...  🤤🤤🤤

12F619CB-FF2D-4F21-B477-89C213762434.jpeg

FEE28E21-9CA5-4E45-956A-4313BCDC6445.jpeg

52 minutes ago, Travis said:

Love them both...  🤤🤤🤤

12F619CB-FF2D-4F21-B477-89C213762434.jpeg

FEE28E21-9CA5-4E45-956A-4313BCDC6445.jpeg

Ho-lee crap! My memory didn’t fail me! Where’d you get the photo of the purple one? Mark Younger Smith? here’s a white version with black binding! ETA: I guess it’s actually the silver one in the book.

image.jpeg.7e8d45dc52949cee4fc5995cb9f805d6.jpeg

41 minutes ago, topekatj said:

Ho-lee crap! My memory didn’t fail me! Where’d you get the photo of the purple one? Mark Younger Smith? here’s a white version with black binding! ETA: I guess it’s actually the silver one in the book.

image.jpeg.7e8d45dc52949cee4fc5995cb9f805d6.jpeg

The purple one I found on google images. 

The white one is a different one than the silver in the book. The white one had a single coil in the neck position and apparently he gave that to his tech because he used the sustainer equipped guitars more often. 

FC15244E-9D53-45C0-9AF4-8469701EA64C.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Travis said:

The purple one I found on google images. 

The white one is a different one than the silver in the book. The white one had a single coil in the neck position and apparently he gave that to his tech because he used the sustainer equipped guitars more often. 

FC15244E-9D53-45C0-9AF4-8469701EA64C.jpeg

I DO NOT remember the MYS Hamer ad. I THINK I remember a Watson ad with a doubleneck V.

35 minutes ago, HamerCustomEr said:

Can't you just use a slide?  Hello, 36th fret!

Washburn made it work...

FECC13D8-BD6A-47C4-A27C-D40FD277E569.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Travis said:

Washburn made it work...

FECC13D8-BD6A-47C4-A27C-D40FD277E569.jpeg

Hamer did it first!  

699C4260-32D3-4200-9094-62ABA5C3970A.jpeg

9 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

Hamer did it first!  

699C4260-32D3-4200-9094-62ABA5C3970A.jpeg

I don’t remember seeing many Virts with an angled single coil...

I think I’ve only seen one other with a sustain block. If I remember correctly it was red and also had an angled single coil. I think the rest I’ve seen pics of (never in real life) had a straight single coil sized pickup with a Floyd. 

2 hours ago, Travis said:

I don’t remember seeing many Virts with an angled single coil...

I think I’ve only seen one other with a sustain block. If I remember correctly it was red and also had an angled single coil. I think the rest I’ve seen pics of (never in real life) had a straight single coil sized pickup with a Floyd. 

The Virtuoso! was actually not designed to have a Floyd, believe it or not.  The first ones all had Sustainblocks - Paul Hamer still has his original Korina Sustainblock one, and Brian Ball has the Ferrari Red one.  They ended up overriding the original plan and mounting Floyd and a few Kahlers in the run.

On 12/11/2020 at 6:13 PM, topekatj said:

AWESOME!  Any photos of the Trixter guitar?

Here you go.  Strap loks courtesy of Home Depot's nuts and bolts department!

Enjoy

PeterIMG_4713.jpg

Back to the original purpose of the PSA.

The Watson didn't sell in the first go around. The seller relisted and dropped the price by about $300, he must have been anxious to sell. Most times I see guitars for sale in the Japanese auctions stay the same price for months, or drop by $20 ever couple of weeks.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/p818871248

It's coming back to the US. Not me, but a member here. I'll let him chime in if he chooses.

Archived