Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Post pics of your pedalboards please

Travis

I’m rebuilding my pedalboard could use some ideas on what you guys are using in terms of size, arrangements, etc.  I’m going pretty bare bones here, nothing crazy. So, if your pedalboard looks like the Sweetwater Guinness record biggest pedalboard ahead and post it but I won’t get much from that...  😉

Thanks in advance 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, mudshark said:

IMGP5593 (2).JPG

Thanks!  That’s exactly what I’m looking for. 

out of curiosity, what pedalboard is that?  Pedaltrain, etc...?

2 minutes ago, Nathan of Brainfertilizer Fame said:

I can sometimes be somewhat of a smartass...

No worries. I’m half smartass on my mother’s side  

Pedaltrain Classic 2 (before they changed the angle):

DSCN9615small.jpg

It's 12.5" x 24" and will easily hold 12 Boss-size pedals. You can get risers for 1, 2 or 3 pedals (top 3 pedals in the center) making it easier to step over the front row. It's pretty handy. I made a bottom for mine so shit wouldn't be dangling out from underneath, and it stays cleaner than your average barroom floor.

The four pedals on the right are pre-Vox Tonelab.  (boost>vibe>phase>TS9)

The mini flanger and eq in the upper left are in the effects loop of the amp. (clean flanger was required for doing Spirit of Radio in a band I'm in)

The connection box in the upper right I learned how to make from a Vertex Youtube + diagram on his site.  It's great for maintaining cabling, running a 4 cable method, and also will route effects in the loop to regular, front of amp routing depending how you plug into the outside of it.  Easy to make too.

All mounted to a fairly inexpensive CNB case.  I did add 1/4 plywood to inside and am using dual lock instead of velcro and it holds much better now.

In second picture you can see the 'snake' where the three, 1/4 cables and a power cable run back to the amp to keep things clean and easy to hook up.

Pedalboard 4 20201128_sm.jpg

168446036_pedalboard3xsmall.jpg.b50cbf262751c9ae7bce08aa71f98d2a.jpg

Not much. Pedaltrain Novo 18 with a Voodoo Labs Pedalpower 2 underneath. Loop switch I picked up from a member here. Covers a ton of tones and does everything I need with either of my bands.

20201212_201815.jpg

38 minutes ago, Dutchman said:

OMG!!! A bar gig!!! I’ve forgotten what one was like!!

Hope you Rocked Em’!!!

Yeah, we got one on New Years Eve too.  After that it's not until spring time as far as I know, I hope the vaccine helps the situation. 👍

1/8" thick 2024 T3 aircraft aluminum. I riveted an "L" channel to the front edge for stiffness and to give it a bit of tilt. I made it to fit a soft computer case that I had. my pedals are attached with screws. no more velco. I hate that crap. the little plates are the side plates off of a bicycle chain. each pedal has 2 plates. the bent ones like shown on the Archer pedal have to have the temper taken out before bending or they break. all you have to do is heat the plate to red and set them aside to cool. 

the exception is the Korg Mini tuner.... no case screws so its attached with a zip tie.  other pedals are Strymon Flint which is Reverb and Tremolo, Strymon El Capistan which is echo,  The Dude, The Archer,  Mooer chorus, and Boss delay. the Boss is set as slapback, the chorus is set to make near Leslie sounds. the Archer is my main boost pedal. the Dude is a Dumble in a box (among other tones).  the El Cap is an echoplex type effect that you can set with 2 presets (plus a tempo switch). the reverb & trem from the Flint are 1st rate.  if I'm at a jam, I set the Archer to give me my clean crunch. I use the Flint reverb instead of whatever the backline amp has. the rest of the pedals are used whenever. I don't need a boost pedal to get the main tone when using my own amp

I think I'm going to cut it down to about 1/2 this size to fit a smaller case I have (that I have had a smaller board in). I'll keep the tuner, the Archer, and the 2 Strymon pedals (they are really good). those are the ones I really use.

P1110370.JPG

P1110371.JPG

This is a board I built when I was distributing Palmer and G-Lab a few years ago. I broke down my current rig when I packed the house up in the spring. As some of you know I'm in the process of unpacking and settling into the new house, once I figure out where everything is and have time, I'll build my next one. I'll definitely go more basic next time, leave the switching and midi stuff out. I'm more down to Earth than this board, which was more or less built to work with any amp (Tim OD), showcase the effects, power and functionality of G-Lab, and doesn't really reflect anything about my base tones. I definitely won't go as fancy on my next one. The build in these pics was time consuming. I'd rather spend time playing than build a flashy board again LOL. 

DSCN2527 (1).jpeg

DSCN2513.jpeg

DSCN2514.jpeg

DSCN2500.jpeg

DSCN2501.jpeg

Archived