Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Post pics of your pedalboards please

Travis

I can‘t remember the brand - the board came with a road ready, heavy flightcase. Theres a kind of power station beneath it, with 8 or 9 plugs. Not enough, so I used the power outlet of the tuner. Which causes lots of extra noise. The compressor runs on battery, and the Frost Bite needs extra power, too. 
But beside that I am pretty happy with this. Today.  

0DD8B445-36D4-47D4-8E0C-79D07F408D86.jpeg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

@triodecr,how do you like the Lovepedal SST and the 65 Reverb? They are two of my faves....the Reverb sounds as good as amp Reverb.....and I find the SST is Led Zep in a box.

I like them a lot! The 65 Reverb is close to an amp spring reverb sound and versatile. To me the SST is the best blend of drive and fuzz. Lots of great OD sounds on low gain settings and more drive and then into high harmonic content fuzz at the max gain settings. The low end switch makes it easy to dial in the right amount of low end. More useful than a muff for me. 

16 hours ago, Montelovesco said:

Theres a kind of power station beneath it, with 8 or 9 plugs. Not enough, so I used the power outlet of the tuner. Which causes lots of extra noise. The compressor runs on battery, and the Frost Bite needs extra power, too. 

Get one of these. I use one for my big board. Lots of powering options and quiet. Not cheap, but you can sometimes find deals on ebay or reverb.

16 hours ago, RobB said:

Get one of these. I use one for my big board. Lots of powering options and quiet. Not cheap, but you can sometimes find deals on ebay or reverb.

Holy shit. You could start a car with that.

8 hours ago, hamerhead said:

Holy shit. You could start a car with that.

When you’re forced into desperate straits like powering extra pedals with a fukking tuner, extreme measures must be taken.

That, or scotch the extra pedals. 

3 hours ago, thoro said:

Made a compact pedalboard Gator GPB-LAK-GR work as a Midi controller by adding some switches, LEDs and an Arduino Nano compatible developer board.

Now I can directly switch patches on the HX Stomp. I call my Midi solution the "Midi Mule".

> Construction plan

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

2 hours ago, RobB said:

What’s the deal with the far-left guitar? Is that some sort of EVH?

The guitars on the left and right look like variations of each other. Some EBMM EVH influence it looks like, but the body shape is different. I am intrigued. What are they?

10 hours ago, RobB said:

What’s the deal with the far-left guitar? Is that some sort of EVH?

8 hours ago, Travis said:

The guitars on the left and right look like variations of each other. Some EBMM EVH influence it looks like, but the body shape is different. I am intrigued. What are they?

There was a time when I moved away from playing the guitar. When I got back years ago, I remembered that I always loved the Ernie Ball Music Man EVH. I ended up buying two Peavey Wolfgangs but still was intrigued by the shape of the EBMM. Some years later I thought about building a guitar and so I made a mixture of an EBMM and a Les Paul. Mahogany body and neck, flamed maple top, stainless steel frets, non-locking trem, a fat neck profile – I call it 'Fat Ed'.

The next guitar I made is called 'Ojo' because of the fretboard inlay. I was a bit inspired by Vigier's Excalibur Shawn Lane signature and so it features a zero fret and an unradiused fret board. I used the same milling templates but this time Ovangkol as top wood. I even milled the brass bridge base plate and wound the clear humbuckers to my specs.

> You'll find some photos on my website.

I'm currently thinking about building a nice Flying V with binding, stainless steel frets etc... Found some images of a 2006 Hamer Vector Corina Custom and it looks stunning.

I have a pedaltrain board i am not using. Cant remeber which one but ant 17x12 or so. Happy to send it to someone if you cover shipping.   No idea what that would be but maybe 30 bucks?  It is not light. 

no strings. Its just taking up space and for my Hamer brethren. 

pm me if interested and we can try to figure out shipping. 

no bag or anything. I am using it for stuff.  Just the board. 

if you live mear durham nc u can pick

it up for nada. 

will post a pic of my board later. 

On 12/22/2020 at 2:08 AM, RobB said:

When you’re forced into desperate straits like powering extra pedals with a fukking tuner, extreme measures must be taken.

That, or scotch the extra pedals. 

I checked my power thingy, it is a T-Rex with 10 power outlets, 8 9V and 2 12V - bad luck if you got 9 pedals on your board which need 9 V... 😞

The Voodoo Mondo sounds like worth trying. - even found it here in Germany...

This is my modest pedal board. It's a Pedaltrain Metro 24, not angled so the power supply has to sit on top. I vacillate between the Twimble and the Mojo Mojo/homemade fuzz. I'd like to get a slightly larger board and put the power supply underneath.

IMG_20201226_130209360.jpg

16 minutes ago, LucSulla said:

79DBB126-05A9-4335-80F2-ABF44FF3B43F_1_105_c.jpeg

Red Witch, Supa-trem and an eternity burst. I think I know who you’ve been talking to....  😜

On 12/24/2020 at 4:13 AM, Montelovesco said:

I checked my power thingy, it is a T-Rex with 10 power outlets, 8 9V and 2 12V - bad luck if you got 9 pedals on your board which need 9 V... 😞

The Voodoo Mondo sounds like worth trying. - even found it here in Germany...

Or, try these at $7.99 each and save yourself some euros. Probably cheaper on eBay or Reverb.

1 hour ago, Travis said:

Red Witch, Supa-trem and an eternity burst. I think I know who you’ve been talking to....  😜

Believe it or not, the first two were completely independent of anyone here other than someone mentioning Empress was having a sale here a few years ago.  I was stuck in a hotel room bored, needed a chorus and it was half off I think, so it got ordered.  I think that Supa-trem has been on the board since 2014... definitely by 2015.  I didn't know anyone else here liked them, lol.  

The Eternity Burst was definitely @gtrdaddythough, haha. 

18 hours ago, LucSulla said:

Believe it or not, the first two were completely independent of anyone here other than someone mentioning Empress was having a sale here a few years ago.  I was stuck in a hotel room bored, needed a chorus and it was half off I think, so it got ordered.  I think that Supa-trem has been on the board since 2014... definitely by 2015.  I didn't know anyone else here liked them, lol.  

The Eternity Burst was definitely @gtrdaddythough, haha. 

I had a Supa-Trem and really liked it but needed something with a smaller footprint. Regretted it ever since

The board is a 24x12 West Coast Pedalboards, built like a heavy suitcase with lift-off lid. It has Telecaster-style input and output jacks on the right side, so it's really easy to set up. I got it because I wanted something sturdy and cushioned since we're trying to reschedule our UK/EU gigs for post-COVID. That's why I picked that power supply: it can run off 240v.

Uh, it's Petersen tuner > Origin compressor > Meris Enzo chaotic noisemaker-thingy > Mad Professor fuzz > Mad Professor OD > Cusack Tap-a-Whirl > Cusack Tap-a-Delay > Earthquaker Afterneath. D'Addario DIY cables (really easy to use). Standard shoegazer texture noise rig, I guess.

IMG_2227.jpeg

Archived