Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: 1979 Standard, bound and crowned... $9500?!

33 minutes ago, kizanski said:

"I know as of the last year there have been plenty of dot necks around the $6500 range so don't go there trying to beat me up on the price."

Yeah. ok.

It's been for sale for weeks.  I'm thinking it's worth about $7,000, but that's not an offer!!!

7 minutes ago, The Shark said:

It's been for sale for weeks.  I'm thinking it's worth about $7,000, but that's not an offer!!!

You're more generous than I am.  That's at least $500 too high, imo.
For $7000 the case had better be mint as well.  There is one partially pictured (an "original hardshell case guitar", whatever that is) but not a whole lot of info on it other than that.
Plus $200 shipping.  He'd better be driving it over to my house for that.

Beautiful guitar and a nice example but wow!  

Asking ain’t selling but it sure seems like asking prices have been creeping up on hamers.   I wonder if people who don’t bat an eye at spending this kind of money on reissue guitars and such have finally discovered  vintage hamers. They look like a total bargain to these people vs a lot of other guitars.  Where else can you get an awesome 40 year old vintage guitar with “exclusivity” that isn’t falsely built into new models every year?   It’s been a long year with plenty of Internet time for more people to discover Hamer. 

lets hope not though.  At least those of us who are   dreaming of picking one up eventually.  

Haven't see this one before very nice Hamer Standard. 

I remember visiting the Flynn Brothers shop in Il. in the 80's. It was a great quirky music shop. I miss stores like that.

That's the best example of a pre-1980 Standard for sale now as far as I know. The price isn't out of line.

Prices on old Hot Wheels..? They're out of line!

14 hours ago, redline said:

I remember visiting the Flynn Brothers shop in Il. in the 80's. It was a great quirky music shop. I miss stores like that.

That's the best example of a pre-1980 Standard for sale now as far as I know. The price isn't out of line.

Prices on old Hot Wheels..? They're out of line!

Really? I have  a 1969 purple California Custom Mighty Maverick still on its imperfect-but-not-too-bad card. Where's the best place to wheel and deal? Or in this case, deal in wheels?

9 hours ago, Menehune said:

Really? I have  a 1969 purple California Custom Mighty Maverick still on its imperfect-but-not-too-bad card. Where's the best place to wheel and deal? Or in this case, deal in wheels?

I have a huge Hot Wheels and Matchbox collection.  Periodically, I try to update prices on the more valuable ones.  I think eBay is the best place to sell them.  The "dealers" elsewhere are mostly scum and won't pay fair money.  At last check, my "Beach Bomb" was worth anywhere from a couple hundred to about fifteen hundred!  The market is all over the place.  Same thing with my G.I. Joe stuff.  It was great being a child in the late sixties and early seventies!  

On 12/17/2020 at 10:29 AM, The Shark said:

I have a huge Hot Wheels and Matchbox collection.  Periodically, I try to update prices on the more valuable ones.  I think eBay is the best place to sell them.  The "dealers" elsewhere are mostly scum and won't pay fair money.  At last check, my "Beach Bomb" was worth anywhere from a couple hundred to about fifteen hundred!  The market is all over the place.  Same thing with my G.I. Joe stuff.  It was great being a child in the late sixties and early seventies!  

Apologies. Wrong thread. 

On 12/15/2020 at 10:15 AM, kizanski said:

"I know as of the last year there have been plenty of dot necks around the $6500 range so don't go there trying to beat me up on the price."

Yeah. ok.

out of curiosity, I asked the guy what his bottom dollar was. He said 8,800.  Another "right guy" guitar.

On 12/15/2020 at 2:46 PM, crunchee said:

Nice Hamer, but I'd wait until after the New Year to even think about haggling over the price.  Post-Holiday bills and whatever's gonna happen re The Pandemic next year would probably be as big a motivator for the current owner to bring the price down as any.

5 hours ago, tomteriffic said:

Pete was one of the original Chicago dealers.  He and Jim Beech used to get the pick of the litter back when.  I don't know that it's worth what he's asking.  But if he says excellent, it's excellent.

Jim built the original Standards!

On 12/23/2020 at 8:04 AM, tomteriffic said:

Pete was one of the original Chicago dealers. 

I went to Flynn Music a few times when I lived in Chicago. Nice stuff, to be sure, but ridiculous prices. 

I ran into Pete at a, "celebrity jam", at the China Club. I was complaining about my amp (Marshall JMP) being unreliable. He sez, "well, I get around that by having doubles of everything." I wanted to light his mullet on fire. Douche.

Archived