Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Shipping!!

Dutchman

Is it just out here on the prairie, or are other parts of the nation experiencing super slow shipping? 
I’m averaging 10 to 12 day’s now! Prior 4-5 day’s top’s!!!

Yes.   I have a priority mail package that I dropped off Friday.   Still does not show a scan.      Btw. Had to drop something off at my local ups store,  the entire store was full of packages.   Drop offs I guess. 

Speaking of shipping, the company I work for had some off-shore sourced components for our scheduled January production on this ship. Now it's somewhere at the bottom of the Pacific.

uacidndpgx361.jpeg

8 minutes ago, stobro said:

Speaking of shipping, the company I work for had some off-shore sourced components for our scheduled January production on this ship. Now it's somewhere at the bottom of the Pacific.

uacidndpgx361.jpeg

WHAAAATTT!!!!  That’s crazy!  😳😳

Shipping has been mucked up since early summer but only through certain USPS mail hubs in my experience. For me the Chicago and Philly hubs have been the worst. Pickup parts I've ordered have taken 2-3 weeks to arrive when it used to take 4-5 days tops. There were a few pickups I've shipped out that took months to get there and that was Priority shipping! 2 1/2 weeks ago I ordered about 30 lbs combined across 4 gauges of different coil wire which only had to travel across 2 states .. it just arrived this morning and again that is with Priority shipping.

I ordered some new boots from Zappos.com shipped USPS and magically they were here in 2 days. I don't get it.

1 hour ago, stobro said:

uacidndpgx361.jpeg

Adding the letter N would be appropriate. :(

2 minutes ago, JGravelin said:

Shipping has been mucked up since early summer but only through certain USPS mail hubs in my experience. For me the Chicago and Philly hubs have been the worst. Pickup parts I've ordered have taken 2-3 weeks to arrive when it used to take 4-5 days tops. There were a few pickups I've shipped out that took months to get there and that was Priority shipping! 2 1/2 weeks ago I ordered about 30 lbs combined across 4 gauges of different coil wire which only had to travel across 2 states .. it just arrived this morning and again that is with Priority shipping.

I ordered some new boots from Zappos.com shipped USPS and magically they were here in 2 days. I don't get it.

USPS sorting in Memphis is always horrible, but they've seen fit to rise to the occasion since early spring.  Like many rural areas, West Tennessee is populated with many small towns of 2,000 - 3,000.  Some years ago USPS thought it best to eliminate regional sorting and send everything through Memphis.  Mailing a Christmas card to my in-laws fifteen miles away now takes the same time as across the state - it used to be next-day.

I heard UPS/Ft. Wayne worked on better logistical formats And lowered prices for Sweetwater, on a new contract.

Sweetwater went with FedEx at the last second. Maybe a BS rumor.

Also heard USPS quit scanning/tracking to save time. Maybe a BS rumor.

My whole post seems to be rumored BS. 😂 

I wouldn't ship any guitar right now..................last year when buying my final guitar the one I own now my Yamaha Weddington Custom. I purposely asked the seller if he would wait and ship it after the first of the year. First because of the high risk of damage and because of certain delays with getting it here in a reasonable time increasing the chances damage could occur. Even though I agreed to purchase the guitar back in December of last year I didn't actually receive  the guitar until January 31st of 2020. It was sent FEDEX overnight on Friday and I got it Saturday morning................as sent. If you buy or sell a guitar and ship now IMHO your just asking for trouble.

I've seen a lot of pictures from different USPS sort facilities, with PILES of boxes and full pallet boxes overflowing. There is a record number of parcels being shipped this holiday season. Who knows when the backlog will get sorted through.

Also, I heard that container ship lost 1800 containers. DANG. Possibly $200 million in lost stuff.

6 hours ago, RobB said:

".....it is believed to have lost or damaged over 1,900 containers, a record for boxes lost over the side. Of these, 40 are believed to be Dangerous Goods containers."

What exactly are 'Dangerous Goods'??

UPS sent me a follow your delivery map every day my package was on the truck out for delivery. I watched that truck go round and round my area for 4 days till it finally came. One night he was next door and didn't make my delivery. I was tempted to stop him and ask "What's Up."

I’ve had two packages “out for delivery” since last week.  They have both said “attempted delivery - business closed”, but I’m a clearly residential address and am here 23.5 hours every day.

Archived