Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hard case to fit a Talladega??

Roger Hart

5 minutes ago, Roger Hart said:

Greetings all and Happy Holidays.  

Does anyone know what hard case is available these days that would fit a Talladega?  Or, does anyone have an original they'd care to sell?

Given the dimensions of the Talladega I might think that a case fitting a Telecaster would be appropriate. And I know Shecter made some carved top PT guitars. Cases for either of those should work for a Talladega. 

37 minutes ago, Travis said:

Given the dimensions of the Talladega I might think that a case fitting a Telecaster would be appropriate. And I know Shecter made some carved top PT guitars. Cases for either of those should work for a Talladega. 

Thanks for the quick reply Travis.  The particular Tele case I have doesn't work.  It won't accommodate the neck heel.  Your Shecter tip is worth a look.  Thanks agian.

On 12/17/2020 at 8:26 AM, stratacus said:

The case model is GC4-0, which is the same case as used with the Newport and Monaco.  (see 2007 price list with case models).  

You can request that from TKL directly.

On 12/17/2020 at 8:26 AM, stratacus said:

The case model is GC4-0, which is the same case as used with the Newport and Monaco.  (see 2007 price list with case models).  

Well.....and there it is.  That's awesome...thanks.  As I posted, I have a Newport case.  I guess that will be as close as I can get.  I still do business with the OEM that made the cases, so I can order an additional one from him.  Thanks all for the assist with this. 

5 minutes ago, Roger Hart said:

I got it with a gig bag.  

Hmm...  was that because it was the promo guitar?  Never meant to sell as “new” so they didn’t want to spring for a case to go along with it...?  Just brainstorming here...

Yeah, my Talladega is nice and snug inside of its case, too. Strange that yours has some play inside of a Newport case if they’re the same...

Oh! Oh!  Another thing that just came to mind...  what is your Tally’s serial number?  And do you happen to know what the chambering is like inside?  They changed the chamber as they went along to hollow out more of the body to compensate for the brightness of the sustain block. Mine is a fairly early one and has the chambering more like an artist where there is still wood behind the bridge. 

On 12/22/2020 at 8:01 AM, Travis said:

Hmm...  was that because it was the promo guitar?  Never meant to sell as “new” so they didn’t want to spring for a case to go along with it...?  Just brainstorming here...

Yeah, my Talladega is nice and snug inside of its case, too. Strange that yours has some play inside of a Newport case if they’re the same...

Oh! Oh!  Another thing that just came to mind...  what is your Tally’s serial number?  And do you happen to know what the chambering is like inside?  They changed the chamber as they went along to hollow out more of the body to compensate for the brightness of the sustain block. Mine is a fairly early one and has the chambering more like an artist where there is still wood behind the bridge. 

I was a fellow product manager at Kaman Music.  I traded a Black Pearl guitar amp for the Talladega with the Hamer product manager.  My Tally is very early.  It is possibly the first one made.   And yes, it was too bright indeed.  I don't like bright guitars at all which lead me to swapping out the pickups.  I have a '59 in the neck and a Pearly Gates in the bridge.  

Archived